Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some Monster verification assistance

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
Need some opinions on this deer. I just bought this camera and this guy came by it about 3 days after hanging it (obviously I didn't set the date right). Anyway, I have exchanged this camera due to pic quality, but by looking at the body size and trying to clean up the image some, he looks very heavy (both in terms of horns and not missing any meals) but wanted to get some other experienced eyes to check him out.

Sorry if the pics come out huge. First attempt at using Photobucket.

If anybody is really good at enhancing pic's, I'd be happy to send them a file.

Original Pic...

Edited pic......

If his right tines match his left I think you have a hos on your hands. Looks tall and massy. Massy, is that a word? It is now I guess.

Extremely hard to tell from that pic

Has obvious mass and I think you're correct on not missing meals-
Score- no clue. Age- hard to say at that angle/quality. Shooter- I would say definitely

I'm not sure if he is a daywalker or not. A nearby cornfield came out the week I hung this cam so its possible he got pushed in the woods and by my camera. I haven't gotten any other pics yet. But that stupid camera took a lot of night pics and they were all black, so I dont even know if he's living here yet.

Ok, I'll shoot him but I'm gonna need some dragging help. He's on public land and it's a haul to the truck. Any Volunteers?

depends on what area- DSM area im always free to help anyone as my office is near public land

Did you hang the camera from your stand. J/K ha. Body looks like a tank.

I have these on public ground. I don't mess around when I hang them.

picture.php

15 feet at a minimum. I'm waiting for some Jack-hole to shoot them cuz he can't steal them.

From the 3 other super fuzzy pictures I got in this sequence, I think he is this deer I got on camera a couple times last year. I'm guessing due to the short brows and the longer G3 on the left than the left G2 which is fairly clear in the original picture.

picture.php

Hope to see more of him when I pull cards tomorrow after my morning sit.

I'm not sure if he is a daywalker or not. A nearby cornfield came out the week I hung this cam so its possible he got pushed in the woods and by my camera. I haven't gotten any other pics yet. But that stupid camera took a lot of night pics and they were all black, so I dont even know if he's living here yet.

Ok, I'll shoot him but I'm gonna need some dragging help. He's on public land and it's a haul to the truck. Any Volunteers?

You'll learn real fast how crappy those camera's are :way:. Customer service is a joke too. I'd advice you to take it back and go with another brand. Nothing but problems with those things. IR works half the time, battery life is terrible, picture quality is minimal at best (even with the high reso models) Things just flat out suck!

Already took it back and got a new Moultre 990. First batch of pics comimg tomorrow from that cam. My old m-80 is still going strong and their customer service had been good to me. Sent me a new battery tray at no cost.

Hopefully some harvest photos tomorrow as well.

Top Bottom