Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some quick advice on a spotting scope?

Two Beards

Life Member
I'm kind of on short notice, so I thought I would post here instead of the 'tech forum'. I probably could have picked a better time then the eve before the shotgun opener, but I'm heading back to bowhunt Illinois on Monday. I'm looking for a decent spotting scope in the $200-400 range, is this possible? I'll be using it mainly for bowhunting here in the midwest.

I'm quite familar with "when it comes to optics, spend whatever you can afford & you get what you pay for", however, I just about emptied the bank on binoculars the last couple of years (Leica, Cabela's Alaskan Guide, Nikon). Not looking for the best, just a scope that won't give me a headache from squinting
shrug[1].gif

Nikon makes a decent scope. I have had great luck with mine. 15-45x60, I stumbled on the kit (Scope, Tripod, Window mount and carrying case) for $300. It was a mis-print.

The Wind River imported by leopold, 10X60, its a little over the price range but but somthing good for life. A little pointer in keeping it dry in the nasty weather is a small tire tube split all the the way and sewd at the ends, it keeps it dry any easily accessible. Affordable also.

go to Google.com and search for Nikon 15-45x60 . I was looking at these myslef and you can get the scope (non-camo), bag, and tripod in the 250 dollar range right now on sale.

Top Bottom