Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need stixs (Loggy Bayou/Lone Wolf) for my new Alph

boacephus

Okay finally broke down got the Lone Wolf, wanted the assualt but big dummy me went to Super store, and they said they were discountinued. Oh well bigger platform and only 4 lbs diff.

Okay I was going to order Loggy Bayou 20' featherstix(someone please verify what they weigh). Cabelas catalogs state 12lbs, all web sites list 12lbs, online and in person are saying 2 seperate boxes for a total of 24, HUH? Not very featherstix if they weigh that much.

Okay LW are super lite, but barely 9' off the ground for over a bill? I want to be mobile, but I do need gas money to get there, lol.

Re: Need stixs (Loggy Bayou/Lone Wolf) for my new

With 3 lone wolf sticks you should be able to EASILY get 15+ ft

OOps didn't calculate 3 seperate stix, not stacked dead on top of the other. See I knew you guys would help convince me to piss off my wife, lol.
Do they stack together pretty good for packing I take it?

There is a velcro strap that allows them to be cinched down upon themselves. They pack great. If you're pissing your wife off you might as well get the 4th stick, trust me, you'll want it. You can get by with 3, but you'll be MUCH happier with 4.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a velcro strap that allows them to be cinched down upon themselves. They pack great. If you're pissing your wife off you might as well get the 4th stick, trust me, you'll want it. You can get by with 3, but you'll be MUCH happier with 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as your getting into hot water, get 2 alphas and 8 sticks.
grin.gif

Not that it really matters but they replaced the velcro with a much improved buckle and yes go with 4 sticks.

A buckle? I need to get me one of those because my velcro ripped off last year. Just using an extra strap to hold them together, which is nice if I need it when I hang the stand.

Buckle is an improvement but why not just use the strap that's on your top stick and bring it around to itself.

No need for an extra one muddy but I do carry one in my pack. I've ran into a few trees where I can't get the strap around the tree with the first stick but can for the rest.

Mud

Just email Lone Wolf and tell them the strap broke. I broke mine and they sent me a new one within a week.

Kratz

Yea the buckle is nice to secure them before you lay them down and tighten them down.

[ QUOTE ]
Buckle is an improvement but why not just use the strap that's on your top stick and bring it around to itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try this approach and see how it pans out. I can get them ultra tight using an extra strap so I figure I'll be golden using jj's idea. If not, I'll email them or steal yours some morning Dr D.S.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try this approach and see how it pans out. I can get them ultra tight using an extra strap so I figure I'll be golden using jj's idea. If not, I'll email them or steal yours some morning Dr D.S.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember that they let me build things to help fix your heart!!! Steal my strap and I might forget to sterilize a batch just for paybacks someday.

The day you're working in Central Sterilizing is the day I'm working in the O.R. I think I'm good to go.
cool.gif

i use gorilla steps and put an s hook on the straps. works slick.

If the waters hot just remember its easier to get forgivness than it is to get permission.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i use gorilla steps and put an s hook on the straps. works slick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a set of 4 of these also, they are rock solid, but I couldn't imagine packing them in everyday, for the extra 60 bucks the LW sticks are hard to beat especially if you are switching setups and packing in alot, I would guess that all 4 of my LW sticks way less than 2 gorilla sticks.

Kratz

another buddy has some gorilla sticks, in my opinion the S hooks are a pain in the butt when compared to the lone wolf versa buttons.

i agree to the above. but for the price. i dont think you can beat them. I am just a lonewolf poser. do have a hand climber though
bootyshake.gif
hahaha.

Top Bottom