Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need your help guys, please take a look.

dc240nt

PMA Member
I have about 30 pics of this deer but they are all side shots. Does he look like a shooter to you? He certainly has the mass but really lacks spread (maybe 16-17 inside). However, I'm seeing 9 inch g2's and 3's, thinking he'll break 150 with the mass(thats some seriously thick bone!)

Whats your opinion?

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a deer I want to spend valuable hunting time on or maybe move on to a different deer.

H-E-L-P!!

Mr_Mass.jpg

Do you like him?

I personally wouldn't pass him up. Big mature deer... huge body. like you said lots of mass... mass is sweet haha ... I don't think he'll make 16 with the spread, but width doesn't factor in a whole lot to a score if that's what you are after. Looks like you got pictures of him in the daytime so....

Good luck if you decide he's a shooter! Post a harvest pic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWilk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you like him?

I personally wouldn't pass him up. Big mature deer... huge body. like you said lots of mass... mass is sweet haha ... I don't think he'll make 16 with the spread, but width doesn't factor in a whole lot to a score if that's what you are after. Looks like you got pictures of him in the daytime so....

Good luck if you decide he's a shooter! Post a harvest pic! </div></div>

Dwilk says it all.

He'd be dead if he came by me. He looks mature, I doubt another year or two is going to add much to him. He is a pig.

Is that an eye guard on the left base?

Dean

its not all about the rack... more so the hunt getting him. it would be cool for you to harvest the deer with so many pictures of him. thats always neat. but judging from the deer..... if he came by my stand i would have to give him a parking ticket (in ted nugget's words). nice solid mature buck with the gut dropping and the large neck and alot of mass. he would be in trouble any day in front of my bow. long story short: KILL HIM!!!

That things a pig. He'd be in serious trouble if he came by my stand.

My dad has a 10 pointer on the wall from a good while ago that has a 16 spread (not even to its ears) that still gross's 164 due to mass and tine length. Not sure about 9inches on the G-2's so I'd be more apt to say your looking at an upper 150's deer.

Mature buck no doubt. Great mass and length even if you don't know how wide he is.

Good luck if you get a chance to make the decision from the stand.

40 to 50 more pictures of him. Trouble now is that he has broken a brow tine off.

I've decided he's safe for now..., or maybe a "concellation" prize at the end of the season. We'll see.

I think now with the busted brow tine, I may have to pass on him. Is he where he can make it til next year if you pass on him?

I took this deer Thursday afternoon. Photo in the harvest section under "I decided to take him" post.

Thanks for the advice. The deciding factor was when I actually seem in for the first time, I knew immediatley that I would shoot.
BBD! And he got a ride in the Dodge!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dc240nt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And he got a ride in the Dodge! </div></div>

Poor thing, bet he was glad he was dead. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom