Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need your help!!!

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
Hey guys im fairly new to bowhunting and so is my GPA. He shot a buck tonight with his bow at 25 yds broadside it was a complete pass threw and arrow was wet and dug into dirt. Where the impact was there was no blood and no hair... so I dont think he grazed it... we didnt pick up blood until 30 yds away and it is very very spotty to start off. It is very bright red blood so im guessing liver. I think we will leave him till morning. He is still tracking it but I had to leave for family thing. Was wondering what ur opinions were on that type of blood. Thanks for the help! It will be his first bow buck he has gotten

Best information I was ever given was.............When in doubt back out. Never hurts to leave the deer over night, especially on a poor or unsure shot. Good buddy of mine learned this the hard way Wednesday night, we found 4 beds after tracking him 200 yds. Backed out, and in the morning picked up blood. Needless to say we didn't find him and I'm fairly positive we would have found him in those beds in the morning had we waited. Liver shots are bad deal, especially if the deer is bumped. Good luck to you and grandfather. Hope ya find him.

When in doubt...BACK OUT! Pick up the trail in the a/m with good light. Whoever is "still tracking him" is most likely pushing him into thick cover so far out ahead you may never find him. Good Luck.

Ya he back out right after I did Hw said it was bright red AMD got a little bigger spots and he stopped once it got to the crick. Tht was only 50 yds away from where I backed out. So we will look in morning

We found him went about200 yds. He shot it with his crossbow and using the rage. It was complete pass threw quatering to. He caught one lung and liver. Barely any blood and broadhead fully opened so weird tht there was no blood trail. Thought there woulda been better blood trail

Top Bottom