Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NEF 10 gauge

G

GunnerJon

I have always wanted one of these and was wondering how many of you hunt turkeys with it. I know there are a few out there....
I have shot plenty of turkeys with different 12 and 20 gauges and now I want a ten to add to my "turkey arsenal" (someday I'll add a 16 as well)
I know they weigh a ton and kick like a mule, but it wouldn't be my sole turkey gun. Just something to tote every once in a while for a change.
Any choke/shell combos that work good for you?
Thanks guys.....fall turkey season is just a few months away
laugh.gif

I have one and have used it, but quit using it because it didn't pattern worth a crap. My 3.5 inch 12 guage shoots much much better than both of my 10 guages. They aren't even worth using. I have always wanted a remington SP-10 though
grin.gif

I shoot the Remington SP-10 for both turkeys and geese, it is a canon and I absolutely love to shoot it. Patterns great out to 60+ yards and have killed one turkey at 72 paces with it. They are pricey and if you won't use it alot I don't know if I would drop the cash on one, but then again they are alot of fun.

KRatz

I have a NEF 10 and a Browning 10 , from what I personaly found is trying differnt shot sizes. Fours work the best in my NEF and sixes works best in my Browning . I look for the less restrictive chokes when you are pushing that much lead.

I had one a long time ago, It is heavy enough, recoil really wasnt an issue. I have had and used an SP10 since 1993, for ducks,geese and turk, I will never leave that one at home for D&G, though this season it is retiring from turkey hunting, as I am into the blackpowder deal, and at this point im building a .62/20guage smoothbore for turkey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know they weigh a ton and kick like a mule </div></div>

You got it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I've used one for years and it kills everything I point it at from yotes to turkeys.

Not saying you need one or that there isn't anything better...but mine is a "killin' cannon" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flea</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one a long time ago, It is heavy enough, recoil really wasnt an issue. I have had and used an SP10 since 1993, for ducks,geese and turk, I will never leave that one at home for D&G, though this season it is retiring from turkey hunting, as I am into the blackpowder deal, and at this point im building a .62/20guage smoothbore for turkey. </div></div>

I duck hunted with a guy in Arkansas that used one of these. We duck hunted flooded timber, and it was not meat friedly at all. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

nannyslayer, The SP 10 or NEF not being meat friendly? I havent had a prob with the SP10, I use a pattermaster choke, ive had that since 94, and we like em close.But I use 2's and BB's. I have used 3's for early season, and teal have a hard time flying through that.

SP 10. Duck hunting in the flooded timber, you rarely get a shot farther than 25 yards. Most of them are close range, and I shot a 12 gauge shooting 2 3/4 inch # 2's. My buddy, on the other hand, shot the SP 10 with 3 1/2's BB. It was just way to much gun for the hunt. I have field hunted with him and I swear he could kill a duck 100 yards with that thing.

Top Bottom