Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nephew's bird

wapsiguy

PMA Member
We had a spot in mind when we left the truck Saturday morning in the rain. I had heard a couple birds on this specific ridge during pre season scouting. My nephew (Daniel) and I got to the corner and I began to put B-Mobile and his girls out in the dark.
I got to the tree and I had just finished trimming some brush and sat down and had a gobbler sound off within 70 yards of us /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif, 180 degrees from the direction he was set up for. Daniel slowly inched his way around the tree so that he could shoot in the birds direction.
Once it got lighter we were able to see the tom as he drummed, gobbled and strutted on the bare tree limb behind us. After some soft tree yelps that were followed by gobbles he prepared himself to pitch down. He flew within 35 yards just over the rise and gobbled to the call. He stepped over the rise at 6:22am and was met with some #5's at 22 yards. He weighed 22 pounds had a 10" beard and sharp 1-1/4" spurs. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

IMG_00021.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HUNTING BB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WAY TO GO! </div></div>

Top Bottom