Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nephews first buck! WOW

biggest buck

My nephew has only been bow hunting for a couple of years. My father and I tried over the years to get him out with us, he was more interested in sports however. Now, 2 years ago he gets the "bug" and has joined the obsessesed! Last night him and his cousin were out and had some four wheelers come screamin by. They both decided to leave the area for the night because of this. But, they were patient and stayed a few more minutes. About 6 minutes goes by and in walks a buck. They watch him for about 3 minutes, my nephew decides to try and take him. Both boys are sitting together on the ground. Kasey then flings an arrow at him. OUCH, gut shot at 15 yrds. After about 3 1/2 hours of tracking him they finally find him, alive. Well, after I got the picture of it on my phone, I had to make the hour drive at 10 pm to go see his first deer. OMG! What a hog it is. His first deer has 7 and 7 1/4 inch bases. 15 points. Largest circumference is over 9 whopping inches between the G3 & 4's. Can you say MASS. I roughed scored it at around 178ish! What a first deer huh!
I'll post pics later..
Oh yeah, the best part about the hunt. IT IS ALL ON VIDEO!

Wow! is right... Can't wait to see it. Congrats to the hunter. I know tracking at night is not the most exciting, but when it all comes together it is well worth it.

alright, damnit. i declare a man-law. posts like this are worthless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to the boys on a heck of a hunt

was thinkin the same thing myself. been seeing alot of these "huge buck down but no pictures" or "big buck down, post the pics later..." or "buddy shot a monster but I don't have permission to post the pics" types of posts lately, don't know why to be honest with ya. What's a post in a Harvest Forum without a picture.???

My exact words when I opened the second to the last photo was "Good God Almighty". What a beast.

I finally watched the video a little while ago. AWESOME!
The two of them watch it come from about 50 yards away, right to them. He stops, eats a little. Kasey tries to draw, but hits a branch with his elbow. The buck looked up at them for a moment, and then went back to eating again. Looks at them one more time, and puts his head down again. Next, all you see and hear is the arrow making connection with his guts. Then the excitement flows from Kasey(along with some not so choice words). Really cool video. I love that crab claw and all that mass.
The video is about 3 1/2 minutes long. Not bad for his first ever deer.

Here is another photo of the beast.
kcdeer11.jpg

hoofline.gif

Nice deer, did they get any harvest photos in the field? Congrats to your Nephew. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

What a brute. I bet he was a rack buster. I'd love to see that video, bet it is priceless. Congrats.

Wow, that's a heavy racked monster. Congrats to your nehpew...and his first buck to boot. Explain to him it may be hard to get one that big again, but the beauty is in the chase.

Top Bottom