Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Never a Dull Moment Part 2

How in the heck does that happen? No ear protection? You, and the buck got lucky

3 years ago I had a big buck run out in front of me and I slipped and fell- in the heat of the moment I got back up and fired at him as he stood looking at me- I was in complete shock he was trotting away like I didnt hit him- I shot again and nothing- then I noticed about 8" of my barrel was blown away. I didnt realize when I fell the end got mud in it- very dumb on my behalf to not take my time and check over my gun after a fall- felt very lucky back then!

How in the heck does that happen? No ear protection? You, and the buck got lucky

Seen it happen one other time. Wet powder or a shell defect can cause it. The one I know of sent an email to the shell manufacturer and got a new gun out of the deal.

Did the first shot sound like it went off normal? Not quiet? A bad powder charge or something may not have enough umph to push the slug all the way out of the barrel.

A slug not clear the barrel??? Like a dud round? Commercial "store bought" slugs? What brand & how old? Were the slugs in your pocket while swimming? Have seen that result with mud or snow in the barrel.

A slug not clear the barrel??? Like a dud round? Commercial "store bought" slugs? What brand & how old? Were the slugs in your pocket while swimming? Have seen that result with mud or snow in the barrel.

Winchester Rifled Slug Hollow Points 1pz Slugs 2 3/4", never had a problem with them before. It sounded off like a normal shot, I just thought I missed. Until it blew up.

Winchester Rifled Slug Hollow Points 1pz Slugs 2 3/4", never had a problem with them before. It sounded off like a normal shot, I just thought I missed. Until it blew up.

Crazy man! Glad you are okay. That could have been MUCH worse!

Holy crap, Biebs! I'd be sitting at church for the next few hours! Very glad you are ok and able to type away!

What are you going to do with the old barrel? We use those things as educational tools for hunter ed all the time.

Top Bottom