Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Never again!

tagged out

So my nephew is 14 and enjoys the outdoors. I try to take him tree rat hunting a few times a year and even shotgun twice. This year i bought him a youth tag and a new gun. Now he isn't the most patient youngster there is and I constantly have to tell him to sit still and be quiet.(not that it helps) I put up a two man a couple of years ago down where 3 draws meet. Don't know what the weather was like elsewhere, but here you couldn't see more than 50 yards at most times with the heavy fog.
I hunt on family land that is about 25 acres of woods. I bow hunt and muzzy hunt most years. Only one group of the neighbors hunts here and only does so if i'm not in there. But the other neighbor who's land I use to accesss during bow season drives around with another guy and just shoots them out the window.:mad: All the land he owns is field to the north of where I hunt for about 300 yards then timber.
Well this morning we got to stand right at legal shooting light. Just as i was putting the shooting rail down a gun shot rang out. Followed by a slug taking tree branches down 50 yards to the left and back of our stand. To say I was mad is an understantement! Luckily we are down in that draw pretty good. What a freakin bunch of idiots. They shot straight across an open field not being able to see what or who was there, and straight towards my grandma's house wich is about 300 yards away. Never again will I sit on stand with a younster during the shotgun season. I wonder if any accidents will come out of the weekend? Is it foggy everywhere? I sure hope everyone is and will continue to have a safe rest of the season. I'M DONE!

This is exactly why I questions shotgun hunting practices..Its just plain stupid!!! This is not hunting its shooting and ask questions later..

Top Bottom