Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New air-rest

Nope and dont want to either, there is a previous post that talks about these from the Whitetail Classic this year

Yeah I found one. I just did a search.
The first time I didn't go back far enough. I didn't see anything about the whitetail classic. What happened at the classic?
I would think that it would hold it really steady. It doesn't take much of a magnet to build alot of pressure.

*WARNING* This reply may seem a little 'wordy' at times, so consider yourself warned!
grin.gif

Not long ago, I was able to try out this new rest. As with many things in archery, especially arrow rests, it has it's pros & cons. Heres what I was able to conclude.

The concept of the air rest is really a pretty cool one. Since the arrow levitates inside the center of the rest, friction and fletching contact are less of an issue. The magnetic inserts are definitely powerful enough to keep your arrow centered without worry of the arrow moving within the rest. Setup is easy and fast, and tuning and accuracy are exceptional.

There are a few things that I did not care for though. First, its a hard to swallow price for some, with an MSRP of around $130 or so. On top of that, it requires specially designed magnetic inserts, which will cost about an additional $25 to equip a full dozen arrows. One thing that really suprised me was the overall weight of the rest -- It will really add some beef to your bow! Also, with each insert weighing around 50 grains, this will change your current sight adjustments and the front-of-center weight of your arrows -- that's if you're able to get your existing arrows to work with this rest. Because the magnetic insert has to be positioned just right within the rest in order for it to function properly, you may have to shorten the length of your existing arrows, or you may end up having to buy a new set altogether. If you ARE able to shorten the length of your existing arrows, take note that doing so will stiffen the spine of them, so be sure to double-check the arrow spine for your new setup.

One last thing -- for those who have a bow with a hard, solid wall, this rest can work very well, but for those that do not, and have a little "sponginess" in their valley, this can be a problem.

Although it may take a little extra time & effort, all in all, its a very cool product.

My biggest concern (in-regard to valleys) is that you would move slightly at full-draw and hear a loud "thud" as the arrow un-levitates onto the hard rest. I have zero problems with my drop away, so I'm not changing until I have a reason to!

Top Bottom