Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New (AR-50) Deer Rifle

Rackaddict

Life Member
Sunday night I was at the outdoor shooting range north of town with my two brothers and a guy showed up with his new toy. It's was an Armalite AR-50. He pulled 10 rounds out of his back pocket and said if anyone wanted to shoot it they were more than welcome to squeeze off a round. We were more than delighted to oblige our new friend. All I can say is WOW! Never in my life have I been around a gun with the awesome power that this beast produced. The most incredible blast you can imagine blows back out of the vent in the front of the barrel. Standing 10 plus feet behind the shooter the blast from it blows your hair and shirt straight back and leaves the shooter with a tingling sensation in your face and nose. I thought for a moment after my first shot (I got to shoot it twice) that my nose would bleed. The amazing thing was that the recoil wasn't anymore intense than an average round form a deer rifle. I guess the vent rib blast neutralizes the recoil enough that it just doesn't wallop you like you'd expect.

If you ever get a chance to shoot one of these gems then do it. It's a huge testosterone rush.

582Armalite_AR-50_Rifle.jpg

582AR-50_multiflute_recoil_check.jpg

This would be great fun at the Rendezvous!
grin.gif

Top Bottom