Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New arrival

JNRBRONC

I was saddened to learn that Savage discontinued production of the ML10II in early November, 2010. When I was looking for a new muzzle loader a few years back, this model caught my eye. At the time, I really wanted to order a camo stock stainless barrel gun, but the stainless was more expensive. I told myself that I could always buy a stainless gun later. Well, when production ceased, inventories started selling out and I was afraid I might miss my chance at a stainless barrel gun. There was a post to one website that I follow about a sporting goods store in Shelby, Ohio that had some in stock. I called Monday and bought the last camo stock stainless barrel ML10II they had. Shipped Tuesday morning, arrived this afternoon. Merry Christmas to me!!!!!

I have a Nikon Monarch UCC 2X7 to put on it, but it is matte black. Not great, but it will do until I get a different scope. I'll order bases and rings from Brownell's this week and it will be ready to go.

I have two boys that are starting to show an interest in hunting, so between the two ML10II's and the Remington 870 Express Magnum with fully rifled barrel and scope I bought used last week, we should be ready to go.
thumb.gif

DSCN1155.jpg

Sweet gun! I had wanted to try one and am saddened that they quit making them. I think I am back to waiting to see what more Knight is going to have to offer.

I had thought about buying one too at one time but got a deal on a knight disc extreme I couldn't pass up. I always dreamed of having the wood stock stainless one. Great looking guns!!

If your boys cease to show interest and you contemplate selling your blued gun, let me know!! I will pay you what it's worth. I had planned on buying one for this late season but now cannot find anywhere that could ship one to me with enough time to get it sighted in for this season. Bummer.

Contemplating putting a custom wood thumbhole stock on it. :way:

Sweet looking MLs you got there! If you don't all ready have a stock in mind (one of the mass-produced ones available?), I have a gunsmith out here, just outside of town, that does phenomenal work with custom thumbhole stocks and I'd be happy to help you get in touch with him.

Those are fine stocks. My BIL has one or two of them and they are solid. You won't be disappointed at all. If you ever want another option, give me a shout.

Top Bottom