Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Arrow Rest

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I've got 101st airborne on the way and I need a new rest for it. I'm going to stay with the drop away type. I have a Schaffer on my Outback and didn't mind it. I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the best rest out there. I like the spott hogg whammy and the QAD rest looks nice but that top bar makes me nervous about vane clearance. I've also heard good things about trohpy taker rest. Does anyone have any experience with the G5 rest? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have a trophy taker and I can't say anything bad about it..

I too am interested in the QAD rest....

There are a lot of good drop aways out there, so you should have no problem finding one that will work for you.

thumbsup.gif

I got the QAD love it. Like the fact that the rest won't go down until you shoot or flip it down yourself.. The top bar has never been a problem.

that g5 rest does look interesting, but i haven't heard anyone talking about it, might see what they say on archerytalk.

i have the vapor trail limb driver on both my bows, it works great

I have shot a Trophy taker on everything and I have not one complaint. I do know that Boyd at Buck Hollow is shooting a Limbdriver rest on his bowtechs and is having good success with them.

I would say the Limb Driver is probably your best bet on a binary cam followed by the QAD. Trophy Takers need a little more force to be pulled up which will effect your let-off some. Also I've heard a few people talking about the TT's not falling fast enough. Just my 02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Top Gun Phantom!

You'll love it! </div></div>

I would have to agree with the above. I used a Top Gun on a trial basis and loved it so much I put one on my bow today. Thanks Andy!

Well here is my 2 cents, I have the G5 Expert 2 on my Quest and I like it a lot, but........................ I have had the QAD LD on my last 3 bows and love them, never had a problem with the top bar getting in the way, and the recommendation for that is to remove the top bar if you are uncomfortable with it being there. Besides that they are both awesome rests but the QAD is a little cheaper! I guess I am just a sucker for full containment also, dont have to worry about that arrow bouncing off the rest in case you get in a hurry or have to draw at a weird angle

I have a bow with a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter (came on the bow) and I've shot my other bow for two years with the QAD Ultra Pro (make sure you spend a little extra $$ and get the pro.)
I've been trying to decide whether to keep the TT on the new bow or put the QAD on. So yesterday I put lipstick on one of my blazer vanes and rotated it to each position (I shoot the cock vane down) to see what kind of clearance I was getting. I never put a mark on the rest in any position. I was alread high on the QAD, now I'm even higher and it's definitely going on the new bow. Nothing wrong with the TT except that it's not total containment like the QAD. The new TT's Extremes are total containment I believe?

Make sure you check out the Ripcord! You can set it up or leave it down depending on your hunting situation.

Top Bottom