Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Bow

S

straitshot

What should someone look for in a new bow? I plan on using it for 3D shoots along with hunting. Also what brands and models would anybody recommend? I've heard different things about different brands but would like to get a broader opinion base than what I have received.

Thanks
newbie.gif

Just remember you get what you pay for. Theres alot of nice bows out there. Go to an archery shop most of them will let you shoot different bows.

I have a hoyt mt sport and a mathews lx, the mathews is smoother on the draw, but I can shoot them both about the same. The cost difference is $300-$400 Make sure it feels comfortable to you when it is at full draw.Have fun playing with all the new stuff!!

Go to several pro shops to get a feel to which bow you like the best. I would go with one that has a brace height of 7" - 7.5" and an axle to axle length of 35" to 38" and I like the Hoyts but that is just a Ford-Chevy-Dodge opinion. I think almost all bows made today are good ones. JMHO.
26404-archer[1].gif

as most people here are already stating go try a bunch of bows out. the bow that works best for you may be that $200 used "Brand X" model and you can save yourself A LOT of money. i, myself, shoot a Hoyt RazorTEC. it's fast, dependant, smooth, and easy to shoot. i've had it for a little over 9 months and have taken 2 turkeys, 2 deer, and a few chipmunks (pinpoint accuracy
smile.gif
) with it. the Razor is a shorter axle to axle bow with a good brace height. i believe it was one of the top selling bows this past year. don't forget to check out the PSE's, Mathews, Bowtechs, Parkers, Alpines, ARs, Renegades, & Martins name brand bow lines!! so many bows, so little time. make a decision on whether you want a short bow, a long bow, a faster bow, forgiving bow, etc. and the pro shop you visit should be able to hook you up rather quickly.

good luck and keep asking the questions...the knowledge on this site is immense.

THESE GUYS OFFERED SOME GOOD ADVICE. I WAS LOOKING FOR MY 1ST BOW LAST SPRING AND DID JUST THAT. GO TRY ALOT OF DIIFERENT BOWS. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL PICK ONE UP THAT JUST FEELS RIGHT. BRAND NAMES ARE SECONARY AS LONG AS YOUR LOOKING AT QUALITY PRODUCTS. 150CLASS ALSO HIT ON A GOOD ONE. BRACE HEIGHT. A SHORTER BRACE HEIGHT GENERALLY WILL BE A FASTER BOW BUT WILL BE LESS FORGIVING TO SHOOT AS FAR AS ACCURACY. IF YOU HAVE PERFECT FORM ON EVERY SINGLE SHOT GO WITH A SHORTER BRACE HEIGHT. BUT 80% OF US ARE NOT PERFECT FORM SHOOTERS SO A 7 TO 7 1/2 INCH BRACE HEIGHT IS GOOD ADVICE. IT MAY BE A LITTLE SLOWER BUT NO ONE BUILDS A BOW THAT BREAKS THE SOUND BARRIER ANYWAY.....IMHO ALSO
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom