Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Box Stand

Elitebowhunter

Just got done building this box stand I have 5 others that I have made over the years but thought that I would show you guys what I hunt out of during shot gun season... the bow hunting out of these does not work. It very hard to aim out of the windows.
Let me know if the image doesn't come up.. dile up isn't the greatest.
mad.gif

Final Project

[image]http://http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12436[/image]

Looks great... I built 1 last year and just had it on skids. Last week I put it up in the air about 6 feet... I put it looking over a 5 acre clover plot...

Looks very nice Schrier. What size is that and did you build it on site or set it with a tractor loader?
I built this one a few years ago to be semi-elavated and still semi-mobile. Turns out it was in the right spot anyway and I wish it was higher. Cant see over the dang corn plot. This one is 4'x6', which works great for one person but is a little tight for two.
I'd like to build another permenant one similar to yours, either 6'x6' or 6'x8' and elavated about 10'.
These are a great way to hunt, nothing like calling up your buddy who is freezing in 10 degree weather and telling them "oh by the way, its 60 degrees in here".
grin.gif

I need to get a pic of my buddies shack that we just finished up, that thing is sweet.

997shack-med.jpg

This One Is 6X8. I did build it on the spot. We couldnt get a tractor into that side of the timber just the atv. This box stand hold 4 people. Has plastic glass windows that fold up ( there is 6 windows)...We have it 9 feet in the air. It works great for shotgun and muzzeloader, not the best for bow. But atleast you can heat the thing!
and if you hunt all day, you have enough room to lay down and take a nap while the other guy keeps an eye out but who would want to sleep during deer hunting
smile.gif

I've got one built on old pallets, not nearly that nice. Another one that a friend built that will hold heat. Been working on some bases to get them off the ground. Old fuel barrel stands work pretty good and easy to get.
2006_07090011.jpg
2006_01200018.jpg

I haven't that of that.. I might try that. I will get some pictures soon on the inside so I can show you what it looks like from that point of view.

Great looking blinds!
waytogo.gif
I'll have to take a pic of one of mine. Mine are all made for bowhunting, so they have windows that swing open, 9" wide x 20" tall. They are about 7' high so I can stand at full draw. I've killed a pile of deer at 15 yards over the years. They've been there so long that deer just pay no attention to them. Shooting at ground level leaves less room for error (which for me is important
blush.gif
)
I've been working at establishing climbing vines on them for more cover...but the dang deer keep eating them...guess that shows you how afraid they are of them
smirk.gif

Excellent place to video...in fact it's getting to where I have more fun doing that then shooting them
smile.gif

I've thought about those fuel barrel stands before but I figured the top would be too small for a decent sized blind?
Another thing I keep eyeballing as I drive around are old windmill towers. I would bet plenty of folks would give them away if you did the work to remove them. You would only need the bottom section or two, sell the rest for scrap.

TP- I bolted a couple 2x4 to the top so we would have a place to lag some bolts on the base. They are 5' long, so depending on how you build the base... 4x6 blind would probably work.
Plan is to set these and then either wire to a tree or a T-post on a couple corners.

I sure wish I had land of my own to put some stands like that up in. I guess I will have to just stick with the hang-on stands.

[ QUOTE ]
When you get this high, you can sit out on the deck with your bow in lawn chair and the deer don't even look up !

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you hunt out of that or just camp out for the weekend!
grin.gif
grin.gif

That's a beauty JB!!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys need to put forth a little better effort!
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bigshock.gif

Where's the satellite dish
grin.gif

Top Bottom