Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New cams

Shredder

Life Member
I usually have all my cams built by this time of the year but have had some delays...this was the workings of the latter half of yesterday and today. Ready to mount lenses and fresnel's and just put the boards in....I wired cams today too
grin.gif
933cams.jpg

Shredder,

I do not build my own and those you made look great! Let me tell you what I do with my store bought cameras for camo. I take a bucket and walk through the woods and pull off small bits of white and red oak bark. White Oak works the best. I bring them home and turn them upside down to dry(on my deck). Once dried real good, I use a hot glue gun and glue them on the unit...all around...to look like a tree. It really is a cool idea and you can easily remove both the glue and bark peaces. I have actually walked past my camera before when trying to locate them.

Shredder, cool camo...what'd ya use? What innards are going in? P41? P32? What board? Universal or BG1? I'm having one heck of a time getting my shutter assembly straight, camera will power on but not fire. I'm sure it's the shutter assembly alignment. This is a universal board. I have two BG1's to build as well. All P41's. I need a good camo.

Tomo

This 3-d stuff was liquid nails construction grade and I was not as pleased with it as the PL400 I normally use. This is a trick Vman taught me on camoing. I was very displeased with the HS Camo Paint. It just has poor color and is still tacky vs the Krylon paint I normally use. I will repaint these at the end of the year I would guess but I need to get some cams out soon.

The boards I am going to use are the BG1's....I did not have great luck with the Pix boards...these are just more user friendly and battery friendly.

I modified my cams today...p41's. I will turn a few to IR later this month..new cams that is.

I would say it is an alignment issue with your camera.....just pull it apart and make sure it is in there straight. I modified 5 p41 cameras today with the shutter assemblies.....last one went as slick as a whistle. I should have these cams up and running tomorrow as the boards have finally arrived.

Good Luck in getting your cam all set Tomo.....make sure you check it off the board with the barer wires...that is the quickest way to see if the cam is hooked up right on the inside

Top Bottom