Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Cold weather gear

Shovelbuck

Since HCH has built himself his ultimate cold weather bag, I figured I needed a traditional one.:D:way: Didn't take too much research or extra pieces to make it work. Just a pair of scissors.
Took it out for a walk yesterday and was quite pleased with the added warmth. As a bonus, it's a traditional version of snow camo!:D

2-Copy-Copy.jpg

5.jpg

Couldn't resist HCH !:way:

Last edited:
Mexico? More like a rainbow ! ;)

Sorry Jay!

On a serious side, it reminds me of what Eastwood wore in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Last edited:
What were those blankets really called? I seem to remember a name with Hudson Bay or Canadian something or other and didn't the number of stripes mean how heavy the wool was?

I can smell it after a rain all the way over here.

The 'Bonker

What were those blankets really called? I seem to remember a name with Hudson Bay or Canadian something or other and didn't the number of stripes mean how heavy the wool was?

Hudson Bay Point blankets. They will have dark "stripes" of thread in one corner called points. Point, is French for "empointer" which means to make threaded stitches in cloth. The number of points indicates the size of the blanket. Something like this................

Man I have seen those Hudson Bay blankets sell at auctions.

In good shape without holes in them they sell for a goodly sum of money. Even the ones that are in poor shape bring a good price.

Nice photo Jay! :way:

Yes Ron, they are quite pricey. This one is not a genuine HB though so I had no problem cutting a hole in it. I do however have a real one that If I can find one to match at a good price, will have one of these made.

Rodriguez-ExporingTheTerritory.jpg

Top Bottom