Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Forum Request- Land Requests

Altiman94

I've already said in the last forum post about wanting to find land to lease, but I think it's high time to have a separate forum for land lease/rent/own requests. I would say to not allow them on the board, but I don't think that'll happen. Instead, we should have a separate forum.

I personally don't see why guys can't go knock on doors and think posting in a forum is a good idea, but that's a different issue. Also, seems like a good many of these requests are coming from non-residents as well. So we could put them all in one place and in the off chance someone was looking to lease a portion of their ground they could check that forum.

Just a thought...........:way:

Maybe they can all go to that bottom forum that no one uses, I know Texas hunting forum has section like that. The fact is I see people wanting to buy, sell, and lease all crammed into this section. If not allowed, topics should be deleted, if allowed, thrown somewhere better placed for them.

I dont see these type of requests too often. I guess it takes 10 seconds to click on and see what it is. If I dont like it, I dont click on it again. I think it would be a dead forum myself.

Just a request, so its ok if not implemented. Just seems like there has been a lot of topics posted regarding land requests.

I agree, seems like the number of threads with requests for leases has jumped up quite a bit since the end of hunting season. Being someone who has never paid a penny for the right to hunt a certain piece of ground it also bothers me. Granted if I were a landowner with large tracts of prime hunting ground I may see things differently but from my side of the coin it looks like all it portends are storm clouds on the horizon & I'm not sure IW should be helping to usher in this new pay-to-play paradigm any faster than it's already arriving. Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a forum for leasing.

The land for sale forum is special, you gotta set that up with OneCam to post in there.

I've already said in the last forum post about wanting to find land to lease, but I think it's high time to have a separate forum for land lease/rent/own requests. I would say to not allow them on the board, but I don't think that'll happen. Instead, we should have a separate forum.

I personally don't see why guys can't go knock on doors and think posting in a forum is a good idea, but that's a different issue. Also, seems like a good many of these requests are coming from non-residents as well. So we could put them all in one place and in the off chance someone was looking to lease a portion of their ground they could check that forum.

Just a thought...........:way:

Why are you so against land leasing or posting about it? Isnt this forum about Iowa whitetail hunting? Weather we like it or not leasing is a part of it and it's not going away in our lifetime!

bkcrrtnps said:
Why are you so against land leasing or posting about it? Isnt this forum about Iowa whitetail hunting? Weather we like it or not leasing is a part of it and it's not going away in our lifetime!

It's a general overall opinion that NR hunters are bad. It doesn't make it right or wrong but that's public perception among the majority of Iowa hunters.

I can't say I blame them because I'd have a poor outlook if I was losing all my free hunting places as well. Unfortunately not everyone can afford 10-20 bucks per acre per year to deer hunt and that creates instant ill will among people.

I do not agree with fighting it by not having a forum section because there are some people that it would benefit. Unfortunately there would be several forum members with nothing better to do than criticize the heck out of that area if it started. I think more problems than help would arise.

Take me for example, I started a thread that blew up and I didn't back down. That earned me a big blackball from a lot of people on here. It doesn't matter that what I posted actually happened and is happening. That fact is that I said it and defended it which wasn't a popular opinion. The people who can help will usually send you a PM as opposed to post which is completely fine.

Not that I agree or disagree w leasing, theres just a lot of requests lately. The best way to get permission...free paid or otherwise is to knock on doors and network, not post on a forum. Plus, the offenders doing it are new members, which of course shows something. If we choose no forum, so be it. Just many of us want to see the board get back to better topics than lazily asking for land leases.

Not that I agree or disagree w leasing, theres just a lot of requests lately. The best way to get permission...free paid or otherwise is to knock on doors and network, not post on a forum. Plus, the offenders doing it are new members, which of course shows something. If we choose no forum, so be it. Just many of us want to see the board get back to better topics than lazily asking for land leases.

Isn't the best way to check out a product is to try it ? Not go on line and ask other people about it but that's what every one on here does. They ask people how it work's and if they like it. So why cant people come on here and ask around about leasing land. Then they don't have to waste a bunch of gas driving around.
If everyone doesn't like reading about people asking about leasing land all you have to do is don't click on the thread.

It's a general overall opinion that NR hunters are bad. It doesn't make it right or wrong but that's public perception among the majority of Iowa hunters.

I can't say I blame them because I'd have a poor outlook if I was losing all my free hunting places as well. Unfortunately not everyone can afford 10-20 bucks per acre per year to deer hunt and that creates instant ill will among people.

I do not agree with fighting it by not having a forum section because there are some people that it would benefit. Unfortunately there would be several forum members with nothing better to do than criticize the heck out of that area if it started. I think more problems than help would arise.

Take me for example, I started a thread that blew up and I didn't back down. That earned me a big blackball from a lot of people on here. It doesn't matter that what I posted actually happened and is happening. That fact is that I said it and defended it which wasn't a popular opinion. The people who can help will usually send you a PM as opposed to post which is completely fine.

The overall opinion? The worst hunters in the state as far as QDM are residents, they shoot whatever on these deer drives during the shotgun seasons! NR who pay top dollar for leases generate revenue for the states economy numerous ways and usually dont shoot anything and everything.....

Maybe they are new members because they just moved to Iowa, are NR, or new to hunting. We should be helping each other anyway we can instead of being so greedy with our honey holes so to speak....So a guy is lazy if hes just getting into hunting and trying to find a place to hunt by asking on a forum that is all about Iowa whitetail hunting....if you dont like the thread dont read it or respond!!

if you dont like the thread dont read it or respond!!
This appears to be an attempt to squelch the free exchange of ideas. Granted, the owners of this site get the final call on what is posted, but what is wrong with posting an "unpopular" (in your view) opinion?

As to a leasing forum, I doubt I'd participate. Lots of private land out there a person can get permission for by knocking on doors. Granted, you might have to share it, where a lease might give you exclusive rights, but I'm hoping I'm more hardcore than the other guy. ;)

The new DNR Hunting Atlas is a great resource. I plan to hunt a couple local parcels this fall.

This appears to be an attempt to squelch the free exchange of ideas. Granted, the owners of this site get the final call on what is posted, but what is wrong with posting an "unpopular" (in your view) opinion?

As to a leasing forum, I doubt I'd participate. Lots of private land out there a person can get permission for by knocking on doors. Granted, you might have to share it, where a lease might give you exclusive rights, but I'm hoping I'm more hardcore than the other guy. ;)

The new DNR Hunting Atlas is a great resource. I plan to hunt a couple local parcels this fall.

No it was pointed at people who think it needs to be in a seperate forum, as with any forum, if you dont like the thread then dont read it or respond, dont hate the guy asking a serious question

Actually, the seperate forum would help those looking for leases. It consolidates all the threads in one areas and you could read through them and see what others have done. I'm not saying to not allow the threads, I'm saying to post them all in one forum and it could make it easier for you. That would then mean the main forum wouldn't be littered with them now.

No where did I say to not post them (though I don't think most guys are getting very good response to them)...re-read all my posts. But, since the final answer is no I'm going to leave it at that.

Top Bottom