Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Guy

WhereAmI

Well since I have no idea how to age a deer I thought I'd stop by and ask the experts!

Now to a beginner like myself the deer seems young just because of the rack, but like I said I have no idea what to look for exactly when trying to age a deer.

These are the only two pictures I have got from him all year.

Attachments

• image-1783865147.jpg
    image-1783865147.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 339
  • image-2147261290.jpg
    image-2147261290.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 390
I'm going to guess that he is a 2.5 or 3.5 year old. If he is a 2.5 year old he has really good genetics and if he manages to evade hunters, vehicles, diseases, and predators he could blossom into a great deer. You noted that you were a beginners so if you would be happy taking that deer go for it. But he has a great frame to continue to grow off of.

I'm going to guess that he is a 2.5 or 3.5 year old. If he is a 2.5 year old he has really good genetics and if he manages to evade hunters, vehicles, diseases, and predators he could blossom into a great deer. You noted that you were a beginners so if you would be happy taking that deer go for it. But he has a great frame to continue to grow off of.

While I have only shot one buck with a bow so far, I will hold out for the other bucks I have on camera so far!

Top Bottom