Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New here/lovin' it. My Iowa 04' 16pt.

H

hairbear65

I've lerked here long enuf'...finally decided to join the show. I'm from Pa. and JEALOUS as hell of you guys in the midwest..although Iowa is my favorite.
This is my biggest buck so far and gave me the weak in the knees..heart ready to jump out of my chest feeling. Heres a little bit of the story..right before dark and I mean right before dark..I turned around in my stand and caught him walking up a field edge about 100yds away...I grunted and he turned..(insert here where my heart started pounding) and started coming...I closed my eyes to get my concentration back...collected my thoughts..and got ready..he stopped at 25yds. and turned broadside..I shot what I thought at the time was a great shot. he turned ran back to where he came from and stopped. i watched thru my binocs. as he took every breath..I could see it coming from his nostrils..it was amazing to watch, but I was worried BIG TIME!..It was like I didn't hit him at all the way he was reacting...anyway..he took a few more steps..then turned and wlaked back into the woods..I was like..THIS AIN'T HAPPENIN'. I got down and spent a sleepness night. My partner kept reassuring me all night(didn't help). the only thing I remember that I had going for me was that his tail was down...that gave me some hope! The next morning we went looking for him..I founf the arrow only to discover very faint blood on it..it was tip to tip though..so I knew I at least hit him. We started tracking him along the fields edge only to find three or four drops of blood...as I tried to locate exactly where he walked into the woods, my buddy went looking for him ahead in the woods...he started yelling that he found him and at first I thought he was pulling my leg..Then i finally seen him...THANK GOD!
I did the autospy..I double lunged him! I guess these big bruisers just don't react the same as younger buck. he acted like nothing had happened!
Anyway..here's the tape. meamts.
16pt. 166typ. 187 non-typ.
6"bases 6 other circumf. that are 5"
5 1/2yrs old.

God I love Iowa!!!!!!!!
Thanx for letting me finally vent this where someone else appreciates how beatuiful and majestic these bruisers really are!

4535Harris_buck-med.JPG
Tom

Wow, What a hog!! Congratulations on a awesome hunt, and buck.
smile.gif
By the way, Welcome to the Site!!!
beerchug.gif

That is one hellofa first post and first photo. That is why we are all here........great buck!

congrats on the great buck! and welcome to the site its almost as addicting as hunting
grin.gif

Welcome, hairbear, that is an exceptional buck, thanks for sharing it.

Ironwood, I know I'm not the greatest at spelling, but you been drinking,
grin.gif

Top Bottom