Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New here/lovin' it. My Iowa 04' 16pt.

Welcome to IW. Awesome deer.
waytogo.gif

I got him in Van Buren county..very close to Highway 2. I could see trailers going by all day long. We were hunting on a friends farm. My hunting buddy and I actually have been going to Iowa since 97' or 98'..our first trip was with an outfitter..needless to say we were both not impressed..so I had planned on doing my homework if we scored early. We both can not afford to pay someone thousands just to hunt. We both have families that come first...it'd be nice to be able to afford it, but I'm struggling just to keep up with everything..like most Americans I guess. It happened that I got a 11pt. first, not huge but at the time it was my biggest. Hes got alot of character with 4 crab claws..he looks alot like a mulie...and scores around 120.
Anyway...I started knocking on doors asking permission and just happened to run into some of the NICEST people I've ever come to know. They gave and got us permission on several pieces of land and we are forever indebted. This year though we lost some ground as it was sold off..so in two years(thats been our average of drawing tags)we may be in trouble..so this year i was scounting public grounds. Gotta do..what ya gotta do!
No bull here! In all the years we've been coming to Iowa...we haven't met an ignorant person yet..not one! I'm sure you haveum'..just never talked to one yet..everyones pleasant and friendly.
So..with any luck..we'll be back in two years!..(fingers crossed)

Oh..i told my wife..That if I lose my job here! We're moving!!

To IOWA!!!
laugh.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

Awesome Buck I am Moving there some day to .. I am sooo spoiled PA just does not get me excited like it used to .. keep after them .. where are you from in PA .. there is a few of us on here from the east coast ..

Marc

OVER150....
I'm from NEastern Pa. I know what you mean here in Pa. I lost my hunting area last year..I use to see at least on half decent buck there, but that grounds gone forever. Everything here is PRIVATE PROPERTY or public that is so overrun. It just sucks here anymore!
I'm taking the gun fr a walk tomorrow morning...more than likely won't see anything, but as they say "you can't gettem' on the couch"!

I took my son for the first time last week with me(hes 9). It took until 2:45pm to see one doe. He was excited to see her, but I didn't have a doe tag. If we were in Iowa...he'd a seen alot more and would be choppin' at the bit to go again....here he's like..YEAH OK..I'LL GO..

Tom

That is a dandy buck, congrats on him and I am glad you are liking this state so much. I have had the luxury of hunting it for the last 5 years and I have to say it is one of the best if not the best places I have ever had a chance to hunt. Again congrats on a fantastic buck

Top Bottom