Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Law

iabow

An Iowa bill that would require hunters to wear blaze orange apparel has passed the House of Representatives.

House Bill 2366, sponsored by the House Natural Resources Committee, would require that all deer and upland game hunters wear at least one article of blaze orange apparel. The apparel must be visible and external. It could be a hat, cap, vest, coat, jacket, sweatshirt, shirt or coveralls.

The bill passed the House 97-0 and awaits action in the Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Environment.

Blaze orange apparel makes hunters more visible to others in the field, especially in low visibility areas when shooters are making split second decisions. The apparel is worn as a safety precaution to prevent hunting-related injuries and fatalities. Most states recommend or require that hunters wear blaze orange during many hunting seasons.

Sorry if it was already posted and I didn't see it.

I have seen this and I think it is vague. Do I now need to wear orange when bow hunting for deer? Do I still need at least a vest when gun hunting for deer or is just a hat enough now?

i really don't think this needs to be a "law". once again, the legislature is wasting time and money making stupid laws. blaze orange is smart to wear, but it is stupid to make it a law

Im sure this is a response to the Incident in North West Iowa. A group of hunters were coyote hunting. One guy drove around the section, parked his truck and waited. He ended up getting shot by somebody in his hunting party. If I got the story messed up please fix it.

I hope they dont expect me to wear blaze orange bow hunting, if so whats next, my double bull needs to be orange too?

I am all for shotgun season, and phesant season to be Blaze Orange, but not bowhunting. I will see what I can find out about this. Vman, your story is right on.

I agree with teeroy ....just another way of wasting time and OUR money. Cant they find other more meaningful ways to improve scociety. If this is in response to the coyote hunters then it still doesn't make sense as I thought the gentleman was sitting in a vehicle. Do we have to wear orange while we're driving?

Is there some way we could voice our opinion on this to a senator before it gets any farther.I agree with the upland hunting part but strongly disagree with wearing orange while bowhunting.
OA

I'm trying to figure out what is next- blaze orange for mushrooming? Shed hunting? Cutting wood? Whay anyone would hunt in a group without blaze is a mystery to me. You can't pass laws to make people smarter.

blaze orange, seat belts, helmets, all good things to use, but its not necessary to make it ILLEGAL to go without. if i get shot, killed in a car/motorcycle wreck, then too bad...that is life, bad thinkgs happen. its MY decision how I want to live. i'm surprised they don't get big bubbles for us to live in, then we can't hurt ourselves. i don't need laws to save me from myself. this "oh my god, someone was killed in a tragic acccident....we need to make a law to prevent this from ever happening again" frame of mind that society is in, needs to stop. its getting rediculous

I think it would be good for upland game hunting,but most that I know of already use orange anyways.I can't see it for archery deer or turkey though.
I was going to put up a link to the place but it won't come up for me now.
I think it was ussportsmen.org,and I didn't find anything further on the DNR site,except that teeroy has to drive a blaze orange truck hunting LOL

I looked up the bill and as far as blaze orange clothing items for firearm deer hunters---nothing has changed.

The new part pertains to upland game bird hunting only (nothing is mentioned about coyotes, etc.) In addition to listing the clothing requirements for firearm deer a hat/cap is added---and---the clothing must be "at least 50% solid blaze orange."

Doug Clayton

Thanks Doug!
waytogo.gif

Have to agree with teeroy. Keep government out as much as possible!! Political correctness and big brother telling me how to run my affairs is getting a little extreme these days.
grin.gif

...thanks, Blind Sow...I haven't seen the entire language in the bill, but I too thought it only covered upland bird hunting...

Outdoor Addict - if you want to voice your opinion, call your legislator. Be very polite to them, explain what you think, and what your idea's are, they are the one's that are passing the laws for the state. If they hear it from the people, something will get done.

fine muddy, you will miss out on all the tax cuts to hunters. i was even cosidering you for a cabnet position. although the hoyt tax was gonna kill you

as president, i will close the borders to this country. anyone here on a work visa, or school visa will be checked up on. anyone in violation, will be boxed up, and shipped back to where ever the hell they came from. any company that tries to shop jobs overseas, will be taxed out of their skulls. iraq will be made into a "Big T's Gas N Go" to the world. we will pump that country dry, making cheap gas products for the world, and paying iraq enough to take care of themselves. our troops will be brought back, and will be used for our defense, not the police force for the world. the legislatures will all take a paycut. we will no longer ship money and food to every little country in the world until everybody here has a solid meal. our new motto is "eff you, usa forever"

more policies to come...

Top Bottom