Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Mattress ?$?$?$?

gunrunr

Life Member
Our old mattress is approaching ten years old now and definitely needs replaced. We've been looking around and are finding standard inner-spring mattresses from less than a grand to SelectComfort Sleep number beds up to 5 or 6 grand with the adjustable frame. Anyone have any ideas or experiences?

My wife and I just got a new one a month ago. We looked at just about everyone you can find. The Temperpedic ones are nice if you like an all foam matress. They are pretty pricey too. A buddy just got a sleep number and spent around $2000 on it and they like it. We ended up with a Sealy pillow top something or other and I love it. I know Homemakers and American have been running some good sales lately too. Good luck Boyd!

We got a sleep number bed a little over a year ago. Best purchase my wife and I have made together. We both love it!

You get a 30 day in home trial and can return it after that if you don't like it. They say it takes about 2 weeks to get used to it. Also, these beds then get discounted and you can pick them up at a good price.

They are more pricey than some other beds, but when you think about how much time you spend in bed, it's well worth it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We bought a Simmons Beauty Rest no flip pillow top several years back. Suits us real well and I think it was around or under $1000 at the time although my memory is shaky at times. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Just remember if you do go with the higher profile pillow tops, you need deep pocket sheets, standards don't cut it.

Boyd- We got a temper pedic (yes the swedish mattress, foam NASA approved thing) It has been the best bed EVER!! both of our back problems are significantly less. We used to own one of those really $$$ sterns and foster deals and it was a complete joke. Slumberland in Osky will take care of you, we hated our last $$ bed and they gave us a full refund after 2 yrs on this new bed. PM me for more details.

I don't remember where I picked mine up but the bedbugs have been a bitch. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I just purchased a sleep number bed about 2 weeks ago. The only problem I've had with it is that the thing has a mind of it's own. I've started off the night at a 35 and have been all the way up to 90. I've also started off the night at a 35 and ended up at a 5. I called customer service and they said that it will fluctuate because of my body temp and room temp and such. Needless to say I wasn't happy. Their getting a call today and if they don't fix it, it will be going back. Full Quiver have you had this problem at all?

I have had a sleep number bed since 1999 and I love it! I have had zero problems with it. Mine was the base model in king size and I didn't buy the stupid plastic "box spring". I made a simple bed frame (2X4's & fiberboard) that stands about 18-20" off the floor and put my own head board on it. With the extra room under the bed I have extra storeage space that most people would never suspect was there.

Denver Mattress Co. (Furniture Row) has the best deals that we found, u can save a couple hundred bucks by buying their version of simmons beauty rest, sleep #, etc. we got the beauty rest version, had it 4 5 weeks now and love it.

Top Bottom