Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New must have application

DOR

Life Member
New must have application (demo video added)

Hey guys,

From the group that brought you Kwik-Strap, we now have a Hunting Application for Smart Phones available.:way: It is really handy. Give it a look and ask any questions if you so desire. Available on ANDROID marketplace.:way:

https://market.android.com/details?id=s ... rch_result

Hunt IT ™ 1.0
-App Development of SE MN, LLC
“A Safer Way to Select a Stand!”
Description:
The safe hunter never heads to the field without letting someone know of their location. The savvy big game hunter always plays the wind. Now you can do both and you can do IT fast via your Smartphone.
Hunt IT ™ is a dual-purpose application, which allows the dedicated hunter to select treestand placement based on the forecasted wind direction. Once the stand location is selected from the hunter’s pre-loaded database of stands the SAFETY TEXT feature can then be utilized. By hitting the SAFETY TEXT button your significant other and/or hunting partner(s) are instantly sent a text message detailing your exact hunting location.

Testimonials:

“My husband hunts a lot. With 2 kids at home waiting for him, it’s nice to know exactly where he is. Hunt IT has made this a breeze.” –Sherry

“I always struggled selecting and organizing my stands. Hunt IT has eliminated this problem.” –Kevin

“Simple and extremely effective!” –Chris

“My wife loves the Safety Text feature.”-Jason

HERE IS THE DEMO VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Tw_iYOozc

Last edited:
The link doesn't work for me. What does it send, like Gps coordinates? I know my wife or most people I know would have no clue where I am at if something bad happened. Don't have a droid but will in the future.

DOR, great idea. I know that I always try to let someone know what farm at the minimum I am headed too. This looks like a quick and easy way to let multiple people know and put them a bit at ease.

Kratz

I guess it's official now. The next generation can not, will not, and won't know how to hunt without thier smart phones in thier pocket...........

I guess it's official now. The next generation can not, will not, and won't know how to hunt without thier smart phones in thier pocket...........

That applies to everything Moose, in case you havent noticed. Thats kinda what were banking on!! :D

The kids that I work with have bonified panic attacks if they forget or cant locate their phones. It probably has a medical name already...Smart Phone induced anxiety!:way:

I guess Im not following ya 180?

I like having my 3 page stand list condensed onto my phone and organized based on huntable winds.

I also like having a one button touch feature that tells my wife and all my hunting buddies where I will be hunting in case I dont come home.

I'd be more worried about my 1200$ bow that shoots 330 FPS and is tipped with 45$ 3 inch RAGES not being what hunting was originally all about, but thats just me.:way:

Last edited:
Obviously its the same as everything else, and thats to each their own...I personally wouldnt use it, but yes, I do shoot a 1200 dollar bow

What's an android? Seriously, I am behind the times but still keeping pace somehow.

My kids will. Exposure to stuff, that's what causes kids to become who and what they are. They'll never be in the presence of one while hunting as long as their under my guidance.

Sorry DOR, not knocking the idea just the dependence on hand held devices these days.

Last edited:
I thnk its a great idea for the hunters that have many many stands. I dont have the ground so I only have 4-6 stands to pick from.

I have a hunting buddy that always knows exactly what stand im in and I aways know what lstand he is in. Plus we always call each other when we hit the truck.

Great app DOR :way:

Sorry DOR, but if stating what's on my mind makes me "grumpy" then so be it.
But back when I hunted from the air, at one time I had around 20 different stand sites to choose from depending on wind direction. It never was any more complicated than stepping outside, checking wind direction, then decide what stand to hunt from. It just isn't rocket science to figure it out. Then a simple post it note for my wife as to what I was doing and where at took care of the safety issues. It still works today as hard as that is for some to believe.
Like Sask, I really don't have issue with the idea, just the dependence on all the electronic gizmos that so many seem to think they can't live without.

Wow, was everybody mad at DOR when he had Kwik-Strap too?!? Did everyone say "forget the strap, thats to new age so I will just use this same old stupid string that I have to tie and un-tie each time I want to access something"

Its not for everyone obviously but definitely has its place in today's world and seems to be a very useful product (Looks great DOR) if you operate these type of electronics. No one is making anybody use this product. And good for DOR for recognizing an opportunity to combine his passion for hunting and hopefully turn some $$$'s so that he can provide for his family.

PS...If we left a post-it note for our wifes and said I am on the NW Pinch Point Stand on Uncle Jimmy's property, how many ladies (no offense) would have any idea what the hell we where talking about? I as well as many others wish this world was as simple as it once was, but guess what its not 1898 any more.

Good for DOR for exploring opportunities! As for all of us, shouldn't we support a guy that shares our passion and isn't trying to sell some gimmick product that doesn't even work or provide any advantages at all???

Last edited:
I am with you DarkArcher. If I had a crystal ball, I would suspect this will be a big hit. I don't have a droid so kind of limited. It wasn't well spelled out but what does the actual text message say? GPS coordinates? My wife wouldn't have a clue if it just said NW pinch Stand at my grannies farm either.

I also question the reliabilty of the GPS if that is the case. Maybe droids are much better than crackberries but there have been many times where my location has been accurate to +/- 3000m (over a mile) which would be useless.

I also know that I have walked thousands upon thousands of acres of public land accross Iowa. I have 100s of gps waypoints that are saved in my gps that are meaningless. Some of them I was smart enough to label them with the wind direction to hunt them as well as using a LW climber or Hang on but not that many.

You know how it is when you are out shed hunting in the middle of a 1000 acre timber and happen to run across one tree where you don't know where you are and mark it in the back of your mind then 8 months later you are trying to remember how to get right back to it.

Also, I wouldn't worry about Shovelbuck. He hunts in Nebraska where a 300 yard drainage ditch 40 yards wide is BIG Timber. Wouldnt be too hard to get lost in. ;):D

Top Bottom