Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Project......

Gives me an idea for the one currently sittin in my basement that we never use, especially now that my kids are passing the stroller age...

That's a great idea. Most of the time I'm sweating pretty good from packing in all my gear on my back and that would definitely remedy that problem. You'll have to let us know how it works and holds up in the field.

Nice rig Mike. That's going to be pure luxury. Its easy to sweat with a stand and sticks on your back attached to a 2200. I'm thinking about ditching the 2200 this year and going with the Molle straps.

Please get one for Bonker so I don't have to carry his blind up the hill anymore.

I'll carry the blind, the big ole bag of dekes and the 30 pounds of other crap I haul around, but you gotta be there to do CPR on me. Which reminds me, I need to train you how to use the AED I'm gonna be packing next year. It only adds a pound or so.

I'd be pulling that behind a mountain bike. Sweet idea
I was going to suggest one of the kid trailers that are already set up to pull behind. I believe some even have a front tire that can be attached to use as a stroller. Someone else beat me to it tho...

Nice work. I also hunt a few spots that are over a mile walk in and have been using an old mountain bike I bought off Craigslist to get to and from the road. I sweat a lot less just idling along on the bike than walking and my socks stay dryer...feet stay warmer longer on stand. I have been kicking around buying one of those kid trailers that people tow behind their bike and doing a similar conversion to haul in my pack/bow/stand. It might even work to haul out a field dressed deer instead of using a deer cart and recruiting buddies to drag.

I think Skip could use this behind his scooter!

The pool noodles will help with any creek crossings! Good thinking, Liv!!
Funny! We might need more rain in the late summer/fall than the past couple years to need the flotation on crossings tho.

I cant remember who it was but there was definitely a pull behind golf cart for turkey blinds. I actually had one for mine but it did not work well. The wheels were small and when weighted down with blind, decoys, chair and all the other stuff it was never balanced well and always wanted to tip over side to side. It ended up being easier to carry. I am sure there are much better golf carts out there though than what I had at the time.
I believe it was Limb. I used the same idea last year to cart in my decoy...happened to see an old set of clubs with the cart at an auction and thought what the heck...only used it once tho, and never carried the decoy in, so can't compare energy/sweat exerted. I do know that I need to come up with a better way to tie it down as it kept coming halfway off the cart. Also, was thinkin it would be cool to mount the decoy in the standing position so it looks like it is walking when I push/pull it in! Maybe I could sneak in behind it! (maybe an orange vest on the decoy for caution) Guess it might look like a deer with training wheels! But maybe that would attract all the deer to it, cuz a deer with training wheels to keep it upright has to be a partier, right?:D

Great idea using the stroller and looks good all painted up! I have a different model, but the baby still needs it! The only things I might add to yours would be a basket of some sort, and maybe start with one that has shocks on the back wheels for those bumpy rides!

Last edited:
I thought I would put in an update. I ended up putting on a bow rack. Works sweet.
982-_631384.jpg

982-_686150.jpg

Here it is on its first test run. A half mile in a foot tall alfalfa. No issues and could be pushed with one hand. Had about 80lbs worth of gear on it. 2 XOP medium stands, 8 sticks, 20lb double bull blind and a pack with a lot of straps, saws, pruners, water etc.
so far so good. No issues with alfalfa getting caught up in the wheels.

It was definitely a lot better pushing than hauling it all in on our back on this 90 degree humid day.
982-img_20140901_101153595.jpg

That looks like the cats meow! Nicely done! I hope to see a deer strapped to it before long.

Thanks and if you do, it will probably have spots on it!! :D I will keep the deer cart in the car for dragging out deer. It is way too noisy to try to sneak in with all your gear to set up for a hunt. The deer cart sounds like a tank.

How does it push thru a brushy loggy timber?

I haven't tried timber yet. It would be fine in more open timber Im sure. 9.5 inches of ground clearance.

My main goal was to take the weight off my back the first mile. A lot of the places I hunt down south have access roads through the woods tractors / trucks go down or along field edges. Once I get to the timber edge, I will just ditch the cart and hoof it in the rest of the way. No sense for me to carry it all the first mile though.

It will also be awesome for antelope and turkey hunting which is just pasture / field work but can be really long walks with a ton of gear by yourself.

Top Bottom