Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Property

kmehlin

We'll if you remember my "Walk of Shame" post from the summer, I was scrambling for some property to hunt as I broke up with my girlfriend at the time who's dad had some amazing ground. We'll your advice was awesome, and it did work out. I know have a new girlfriend who loves hunting just as much as I do!

Anyway long story short, have several small parcel's of land to hunt thanks to just knocking on doors of a couple of farmers. Knocked on this landowners door last weekend, and he was wiling to let me hang a stand. Hunted it tonight and counted 11 does. Had a marginal shot at 40 yards, I didn't feel comfortable taking it.

But decided to pull my camera just to check. We'll after two nights of hunting, and checking my camera, I think I have patterned the deer already. Here were two of my best. Two bad there moving in the pitch dark.

CDY_0014.JPG

and this bottom one might be a shooter this year, after me scrambling to gain access.

CDY_0013.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll start moving through the daylight soon. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif</div></div>

Both look like young deer IMO. If you think you're going to have a good relationship with the land owner and will be able to hunt next year, it probably wouldn't hurt to give those two the pass this year. Besides, if you came up with those two pics in just a few days, who knows what else is out there.

Top Bottom