Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

new recurve

shackdaddy

ive been bow hunting for years with compound bows so now i want to get alittle more traditional so any info on whats out there for recurve bows would be great thanks

I have a super diablo that I used to hunt with before going to a compound, I believe they are made by Damin Howit or something like that. It's a nice shooting bow for the money but there are better ones out there if you want to spend the extra money. I shot one a friend has that is made with bamboo & it is awsome, very smooth but I don't know who makes it or if it was custom made. If I ever get another I would look into bamboo, just my perspective.

look on ebay under sporting goods for "deflex bow" check out the STIK Bows by Don Dow, He will customize one for you for 200$ or so, I want to buy one but am still trying to get far enough ahead of the game to justify it with the wife, For a custom bow they look good and the price is right. Just a thought since I had been looking at them .

There are a lot of good quality bows on the market.... custom bows will run you as much or more than a compound... quality used bows can be had for a deal if you know what you are looking for...

My best advise to you would be not to OVERBOW.... too many guys think because they shoot a 65lb compound they can do the same with a traditional bow.... BIG mistake.... your shooting form will suffer badly from the start and you will NEVER develop to your potential. I would recommend anyone new to traditional equipment to start with a good quality used bow around 50lbs (or less). They may sound light... but if you are shooting a 70lb compound with 80% letoff you are only holding approx. 14lbs at your draw length. That is 3.5 times less than you will be holding with a 50lb traditional bow.... overbowing will force you to become a snapshooter which will lead to poor form especially if you are not consistently making it to fulldraw before your release....

Good luck.... it is addicting
grin.gif

Top Bottom