Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Saw

bushman

Thinking of buying a new chain saw, just was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. Looking at $500 or less.

I have the Husqvarna 460 with a 20 inch bar and love it. I’ve cut lots of wood with it, mostly 30” in diameter or bigger. I paid around $400

Stihl ms260 pro ...a little more than the $500 mark but well worth it. Lightweight , plenty of power, decompression button and intellicarb. A great man toy.

If you just want a bigger saw with out the whistles I'd suggest the MS290 Farmboss or the more powerful MS310

STIHL! Going on 4 and I have NO COMPLAINTS!!!! I would buy the one that is "split in 2"??? What I mean, it's split so it doesn't vibrate as much. The store will know what I am talking about. I think mine's a 270, 260 or a 290 or something? The one with the Vibration split in center of saw (seems like about 1/3rd to 1/2 of the models offer this). Tons of power, no problems, I'm fine with the price and no complaints. not to say there isn't others though.

Here is what I have. Keep really close attention to the horse power, weight and gas capacity and weigh them out- all are important for obvious reasons, weigh out for your needs. I always buy 2 extra chains BUT that's me, I go thru em!
Here's what I have. The split is hardly noticeable BUT it's in the top of orange plastic. They just call it an anti-vibe system. I also got this one because this model took a big jump in horsepower compared to next model down.
http://www.backyardboss.com/mfg_Stihl/MS270.aspx

Stihl's number one selling saw. MS290
You can go up to a 20" bar. 16in. starts at $359 18" is $369 and 20" is $389. It is a mid range use saw so you don't pay the pro price but get a heavier duty saw than the occasional use class. I have one with the 20" I use it for felling and bigger wood. I have a MS211 with anti vibe for limbing and smaller wood. Both are great saws.

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS290.html

Top Bottom