Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New switchgrass plot…

Pops

PMA Member
I’m putting in about an acre of switchgrass in the next few weeks. Tentative plans are to spray and then drill a mix of Cave In Rock and Kanlow. This will be my first experience with Kanlow. Your thoughts????

Why do you say not to plant Cave in Rock? I have about 6 acres that I planted throughout the years, and it has worked great.

Why do you say not to plant Cave in Rock? I have about 6 acres that I planted throughout the years, and it has worked great.
RC bigrock was developed from CIR thru years and years of breeding cycles. It is significantly easier to establish. The seedlings have far more vigor. Seed size is 30% bigger. You have far more room for error on planting depth. The concept of stratification is out the window. It simple doesn't apply to RC bigrock. You can plant it like any other crop field. It does get taller than CIR which can be helpful in screening applications. The price difference between RC and CIR is minimal. I won't ever plant CIR again.

Top Bottom