Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to Bows

pushem

I spend alota time on here.. Thanks to everyone on here.. The info on here is awesome thanks everyone on iowawhitetail... just a few questions.. i know this happens alot but just want some input.. I have been shotgun hunting since i was able to harvest a deer, and im gettin very interested in bow hunting.. I have been lookin at bows, new and used.. wanna know some opinions on new vs used.. Im a fan of the new Diamond razors edge.. anyone shootin this? heard anything about them.. I know its small and only goes to 60 pounds but would i need anymore?.. thanks everyone

I had this same question a couple years back when I started bow hunting.

I ended up buying new.

One if not the biggest reasons was you knew exactly what the history is on with the bow. no dry fires, no falls from a tree stand, how many arrows went though the thing, string life etc.

But, if you buy one from a buddy or reputable person that will stand behind it, I would buy a used bow.

I got the diamod Razors edge for my wife this spring; its a nice bow for a starter because of all the adjustment it has, as far as the sights, rest, and quiver i threw that stuff away and got her a good rest, sight, etc. I dont think you could go wrong with that bow when learning. good luck!!

thanks for all the imput...got one from a friend this morning.. its a older bow but it should workout just fine...its a mathews Q2 XL full set up.. 12 sticks with rage 2 heads on 6... 250.00

Top Bottom