Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to site

DoubleDrops08

Guys in new to the site and was just saying Hi , Your state of Iowa is a gem . i have been out there a few times in the last couple years . we like to stay in ringgold county . Mt Air Ia . what a great small town , we like the sports bar Smiths , just great people in the state of IOWA period ! Looking forward to swapping war stories and info with you guys . plan on heading out in march of 09 to do some shed hunting . thats my next planned trip to iowa .................Roy Belcher

Welcome to IW Roy...looking forward to some shed pics in March.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The addiction continues to spread /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
hope your not married this site brings much heartache /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Welcome

welcome.gif

Welcome Roy! Hunted Mt.Ayr for 20+ years till lost out spot to a lease. Closed the bars many of times and had some rough mornings trying to get up at the Mt.Ayr Marriot aka Clinton Motel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JakeWym</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
welcome.gif
</div></div>

Yep!

Thanks fatboy , well we stay at the hilton aka mt.ayr inn . we have been going there since 05 . and your right many of bar closings . we come to far to your great state to let that keep us down . we where out there april 2 looking for sheds over at sand creek WMA (big place) we found what was left over . that place was walked by others im sure saw the boot tracks . im told there are some pigs out there and we have seen them . we are planning on a trip like about march 6th-9th 2009 .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roy Belcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks fatboy , well we stay at the hilton aka mt.ayr inn . we have been going there since 05 . and your right many of bar closings . we come to far to your great state to let that keep us down . we where out there april 2 looking for sheds over at sand creek WMA (big place) we found what was left over . that place was walked by others im sure saw the boot tracks . im told there are some pigs out there and we have seen them . we are planning on a trip like about march 6th-9th 2009 . </div></div>You can get a workout at Sandcreek. I would hate to drag a deer out with some of those deep ravines. There are some big deer in the area. I had a classmate that just sold a farm that was just south of Sandcreek,that he took some monsters off of over the years. A year or so back he hit a nice buck on opening day, but did not find it. It was taken by Rick White later that season on Whites land that butted up to his. He just bought another farm in Clarke county.

sandcreek is a workout we walked for like 8 hours that day and did not pick up a shed till we could see the truck...........and they been there awhile all bleached out , i did find a set side by side of a heavy 12pt about 20yds in a bean field with double brows but the red rat had got to them first . but it is a nice place

Top Bottom