Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to the area

johnny_outdoors

Hey guys, glad to join the group, I had tried a while back but every time I tried to register my computer said something about cookies. Anyways, new guy to Iowa as of this past summer, moved here from Michigan with wife and 4 year old boy and 1.5 year old boy/girl twins, so my wife could finish up some training at the U hospital. Just wanted to say hi, I am an avid bow hunter although the kids have kept my time in the woods very limited, and love bird hunting. If anyone is around the IC area always looking to make friends as we don't really know anyone, the hunters around me seem to be few and far between. Nice site ya have here!

Welcome to Iowa and the site! You're now in bow hunting candyland! Great place to live and raise a family. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Welcome to Iowa. I just moved here from MN two years ago. Couldnt be happier!

Quite a few guys on here around the IC area...

Thanks guys, with the move and kids this summer didn't get to scout as much as I would have liked to, hoping to do more this spring for next season, and find some new places to sit. Feel like a crazy guy, going to battle stateland for the first time ever for gun season, wish I would have got a muzzy tag instead but at the time it sounded like a good idea haha. Hope you all are having a good season, John

Thanks guys, with the move and kids this summer didn't get to scout as much as I would have liked to, hoping to do more this spring for next season, and find some new places to sit. Feel like a crazy guy, going to battle stateland for the first time ever for gun season, wish I would have got a muzzy tag instead but at the time it sounded like a good idea haha. Hope you all are having a good season, John

Group hunting, or on your own? Make sure you've got your orange on and stay visible. If on your own, I'd check around for how much the place gets hunted and when and plan accordingly if possible. Wouldn't want a large group coming in on top of me for safety reasons. Might be able to be an extra body for their group tho. Welcome to Iowa and IW, btw.

There are a TON of hunters around the Iowa City area. I'm in Coalville and drive quite a ways to get away from them all.

Top Bottom