Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to the Iowa City Area

H

half rack

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, I've been following this site for awhile. Seems like there is a great group of whitetail hunters here. My job brought me to Coralville, IA (Near IA. City), and I was hoping there was someone on here that was familiar with the area. I need some advice on where I could locate an outdoor archery range, gun range, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with any of the public hunting ground around this area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take Care everyone, Brandon

[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, I've been following this site for awhile. Seems like there is a great group of whitetail hunters here. My job brought me to Coralville, IA (Near IA. City), and I was hoping there was someone on here that was familiar with the area. I need some advice on where I could locate an outdoor archery range, gun range, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with any of the public hunting ground around this area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take Care everyone, Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the area, I'm in North Liberty.

1. Outdoor archery range is located at the Johnson County archers range out by Mehaffey Bridge. Go up 965 through North Liberty, at the last stop light take a right and go down to a 4 way stop sign place. Take a left onto Mehaffey Bridge Road. Go outta town towards the northeast until you cross the Coralville Reservoir on Mehaffey Bridge. Go up the hill and around the corner a touch and take the 2nd left. The 1st left is a drive way, the 2nd left has a bunch of brown state park signs, go into the park and through a quick dip, the archery range is on your left hand side. If you want to meet up sometime shoot me a PM.

2. Gun range is out at Hawkeye Wildlife area. Go up hwy 965 all the way through North Liberty. Cross over the Reservoir and start getting ready to take the first gravel road to the west. Take this gravel all the way into Hawkeye until you pass a dead end road on your left... keep going past this road but keep your eyes open on your left hand side. Eventually you'll see the skeet/rifle range on the south side of the road. The handgun range is on the north side and you can't miss the concrete shooting tubes.

3. Hawkeye has some great hunting, just be prepared to walk if you want to get away from the goons. I can point you in a few directions.

Welcome to the site and the area.

welcome
yay.gif

There is also an indoor range at certain times at Fin and Feather. They have a league in the winter and is a good time if you get hooked up with some people. Have fun in the area, lot's to do.

[ QUOTE ]
There is also an indoor range at certain times at Fin and Feather. They have a league in the winter and is a good time if you get hooked up with some people. Have fun in the area, lot's to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, Fin and Feather also runs the computer shoots, not sure what it is called but it can be fun and get you shooting more realistic situations. You will find the area has a lot to offer, welcome.

Kratz

Welcome to the site/area. I live just out side of Hills (South of Coralville). Shoot me a PM if you need anything as well. You've moved to a great part of the country!

Get outside of Iowa City 40-50 miles and start knocking on doors for permission to hunt. Take a plate map with you....

Jody

Top Bottom