Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to the Site from NJ

matman

Hi Guys Finally stopped lurking. Hunt in NJ and get quite envious of the deer I see you post. Here are 2 I will hopefully get a chance at. Baiting is legal and I don't normally do it but my situation almost warrants it. Small 10 acre lot I own next to unhuntable communities. I try to excercise letting them grow" but out of 10 I let grow last year, found 9 dead from cars!! Give me your thoughts on these 2 age and score
82153810-Rich3.jpg
82153810-Rich4.jpg
82153810-Rich5.jpg

Good luck with them. First one looks 3.5 and a shooter second looks 2.5 and maybe a passer. Welcome to the site.

[ QUOTE ]
out of 10 I let grow last year, found 9 dead from cars!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest competitor isn't another bow or gun, but a car -- that'd take some getting used to! Good looking deer, especially the first buck. Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the most informative site there is. Good looking bucks. That first one is a dandy. Good luck hunting him this fall.

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck with them. First one looks 3.5 and a shooter second looks 2.5 and maybe a passer. Welcome to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Welcome to the site.

well i would def. hit the first one with a caddy, the second one would have to settle for a buick!!! haha, i would def. shoot the first one. the second one could grow a bit, but it always up to the shooter it could depend on what is in the area and your time alotted to hunting, if only had a couple days to hunt i would shoot either if it wasn't an issue i would wait out for the big boy, how did you feel about them?

Welcome...maybe you should try to get the speed limit lowered to help out the herd.
grin.gif
Just kiddin'. Good Luck this year.

Welcome NJHNTR! Nice looking bucks you have there. As far as baiting goes, if you're enjoying yourself and it's legal then knock yourself out. Sounds like their gettin' "grilled" one way or another.

Best of luck and be sure to show us the harvest pics!
waytogo.gif

I agree, shoot the first one, my guess is high 130's but I tend to be conservative. No idea of second one. Camera always seems to add 10 inches. Is it wrong to bait for trail photos? I don't bait while hunting (not even in North Dakota where legal, but definately bait in the off season for the camera and have had much better luck getting good photos of shooters.

First one 150's or high 140's definitely wouldnt let him get past me! And the second one a nice spread prolly 120's prolly a year younger! Id wait for the first one! GOOD LUCK!

Guys. Had an "offsite meeting" today at work. Offsite in my stand for 3 hours!!! Anyway had the big buck at 12 yards and as luck would have it I don't have my doe yet (1st 3 weeks in NJ are earn a buck). Damn that was tough. But he had no idea I was there. I will back out of that area totally until I can shoot him. The area I saw him is usually a doe area and that was the first time seeing him there. And yes only 10 acres but there is definitely distinct areas the bucks tend to favor.

Top Bottom