Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New trail camera

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking for a new trail camera that will take great pictures and has good distance. Right now I'm running a Moultree and a Browning?

The Moultree is over my foodplot and I get good pictures but I see deer tracks further down the foodplot and I am not getting pictures of those deer.

My Moultree is maybe 3-4 years old and the other one was new last year. Does anyone here use Reconyx? I hear they take great pictures and capture things that other cameras will miss.

Last edited:
I have some Cuddeback E2 Long-range and they have been terrific. Also have some Bushnell Aggressor Red flash I like a lot. Cuddeback takes the best pictures I have seen.

I have 6 Reconyx and have about $450 in each one. My old Primos took just as good pictures. Another drawback is you have to use Lithium Batteries only (regular batteries are drained in a week) and it gets expensive to put 12 batteries in each one. (72) I can but a lot of corn and mineral for what those 72 batteries cost me each time. More expensive is definitely not better. Just my personal experience.

Ive run moultrie m-80's the last 3 years. Picked up a couple Browning HD ones this year. They are almost just like the m80's (which ive really liked) but better. Better clarity, better distance, better IR. I use only lithium batteries, buy them on Amazon and save some $. Will be sticking with Browning cams for awhile now.

Top Bottom