Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Newbie here!!

HOOSIER

This is my first year hunting in IA, Dubuque area, and I was hoping to get a little advice from some of you guys that have been around here for a while. Hunting in Southern IN, we hunted timber only where we knew where the food source was. The property I hunt now has a good mix of corn and beans, but the timber is filled with acorns. My questions is what food source should i be focusing on early in the season like this? From my cams and scouting i wouldve said acorns, but seems like something changed the past week or so. Both the corn and the beans are still pretty green compared to the fields around so i imagine theyll be there for a while.

Welcome.I have been seeing alot of deer activity on the edge of the corn and bean fields. Seems they are walking the timber and corn line working scrapes already. Had two deer a doe and a buck follow the same path today and he was working scrapes. So from my recent activity I would say work the outside timbers facing the corn and bean fields.

Welcome! If the beans and corn are still green- I would definitely say Focus on the edges
Of those fields- agree Above- they will def be working the scrapes along the edges as well as still eating the greens

I had my first sit last night with only a couple doe and a fork that came by. My memory card had a malfunction or something so I dont have a clue whats been coming by the past couple weeks. I thought I had one patterned down but thats changed. Thanks for the welcome and advice. Good Luck!

Top Bottom