Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice 10 on the 10th

miff007

Sorry for the delay of posting. I was hunting downwind of a ridge that deer travel, saw several does and other bucks from a distance. Action dried up at 8 am this guy came down the trail 40 yards upwind at 10:30 am. I had a buck decoy set out in front of me a quick grunt and this guy came in stiff legged, bristled up, and ready to rumble.He was 8 yards away and 3 foot from my decoy. I rushed the shot before he destroyed my decoy, hit him in the liver and one lung. I knew I hit liver from the sign so I backed out and came back 6 hours later. After 6 additional hours of tracking (probably 500 yards) found him near water and what I think was his bedding area finally.

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

Nice buck got to love it when they come in like that to a decoy. I been waiting all year for my decoy to get destroyed but never happen. Had alot come in but nothing decided to take it on.

very nice buck. Way to go!! Liked the fact you didn't push him and waited the long grueling hours.. Paid off for you! Congrats.

Top Bottom