Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice 10 point! 10-15-2013

kenny1313

Tuesday 10-15-13. I went out hunting right after work. That puts me in my tree right around 4:45. So not really a lot of time to hunt. To get to my tree i had to navigate standing corn. Thankfully who ever had sprayed the field with chemicals had ran over some corn and made a nice walking path for me.

I come out of the corn and start heading for my tree. I literally just get in the tree, turn around to sit, and have a little 6 point walk within 5 yards of me up wind. I thought for sure i was busted, cause he had to of seen me coming in. He hangs around for a little while and just kind of trots off back to the north.

I end up seeing the little buck stand up in the switch grass and immediately turns to the north. As i'm glassing i see a really nice 10 step out of the southern edge of the corn. This buck ends up hanging out on the edge of the corn for what seemed like an eternity. Ends up walking east out of sight behind a huge group of trees. I was bummed out cause it was a deer i had on camera and would love to take a shot on him.

About 6:30 i still hadn't seen the big buck again. I've lost all hope, i happen to look north again and here he comes on straight line right for me. About 25 yards before he got to me, he turns and starts heading for the corn on the east side of me. He turns and starts heading straight south again. Setting me up for what would be an amazing opportunity! I turn my GoPro on so i can get this on film! The only thing that was going against me was the wind was out of the west, so i couldn't let him get directly straight east of me. He walks within 12 yards of me, and i get him to stop, i take aim and release and hear that awesome sound when your arrow hits!!

He runs straight south, and all i hear is a huge crash. I knew he was down and done!! My heart was racing so fast, i was so pumped to get a deer i had on camera and wanted a chance at. My camera set up is 2miles from where i had gotten the pictures of him. When i got home that night, i learned my GoPro battery had died 24 seconds in, about 10 seconds shy of when i shot him. :(

Still in velvet:

Aftermath:

Last edited:
Very nice, I have a game cam pic of a buck in MN that looks identical, same angle too

Congrats

Top Bottom