Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice 10 Sept 9 2004

Shredder

Life Member
Anyone think these are the same deer? One pic was from last night, the other from last december. They has several of the same characteristics but a lot of differences
93310pointer.jpg
9338pt_145-1-1.jpg

Looking at them side by side...it appears they are 2 different deer but still what do you all think

I would lean towards different, but I do see that the spacing between the G2 and G3s seems to be very similar with both deer. If it is the same deer, I would be kinda disappointed he didnt put on a little more size.

I think they are different as well. The G2 on the right side has that wave in the top photo and I would expect to see that characteristic repeated.

i would also say different, due to the fact that the 10 pointer has a tighter form then the 8. either way both are excellent

I think they are different also.
smile.gif
I also think I need a digital trail camera really bad, those pictures you are getting are awesome
applause.gif
beerchug.gif

Shredder, those are some great pics, but I'm gonna go along with the rest of the crew so far and say they are differnt bucks, more the merrier, right...

Shredder, those are some great pics, but I'm gonna go along with the rest of the crew so far and say they are differnt bucks, more the merrier, right...

OK. I thought it was different deer at first but on further inspection, the rightside G3 on both pics look slightly longer than the G2. The other side looks about the same length on both pics. Also, between the G3 and main beam on the eight is about the same space as the other pic except it have another point in the now, so I say it's the same deer.

It's kinda fun to guess even if it's wrong........
pineapple.gif

I didn't think that a mature deer would go from an 8 point to a 10 like that. Usually they keep the same number of points and character and just get bigger. Taller, more mass, or wider. I would have to saw two different bucks. Good luck with them.

i disagree with that. i have seen a lot of bucks put on points from one year to the next. if you look close it does have a little wave on his right g2 on both pics. overall the shape of everything looks the same to me. the spacings, the shape, the curves of the main beam. i think it is the same deer. but the fun thing is none of us will prolly never know. oh well, fun to guess.

If I kill him Tall tines, I'll know, I have a shed from the deer in the snow from the previous year which mimics the deer in the snow pic....some o the same features as the 10 point pic. And you are right, mature deer can will and do put on extra points....not all do but a significant portion does.

I honestly think it is the same deer. Both racks are shaped and curved with the same geometric shape. The face is proportionate, and so is the belly.

I shot a buck last year that was around 6-1/2yrs (taxidermist aged), the year before it was a typical 8 similiar to yours, it sprouted 1-1/2 G4's at a mature age. Either way, that deer is mature and would be a nice buck this fall.

I'm confident Shredder will take the animal and will find out then
grin.gif

BT

I would say different. look at the G-3 on each deer and the angle the g-3 makes to the main beam.
Jack
p.s. but what would I know about big racks. on the farm I hunt, they are all spikes or 4 pointers.

07-20-04_064buck.jpg

Top Bottom