Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice 12 and Sideways Jack

Bow Ben

Got a lot of pics of this 12 point but I think he may only be a 2.5 year old deer. Loads of potential but he would my personal best. I kind of hope he doesn't walk by me so I don't have to make a decision. Never seen a rack like in the last pic....so I call him Sideways Jack.

picture.php

picture.php

Sideways Jack
picture.php

If score is what you are after let him go another year or two. If you like him and you would be happy shooting him then shoot him if you get a chance. I killed a few bucks in the 130 range then wanted to kill a 150 now that I have done that I am wanting to kill a 170. Set your goals where you are happy with them and then move on from there.

I would agree with your instincts about him possibly being only 2.5, not alot of mass but LOTS of tine length for that age deer. Skip is right, that deer could be really, really special in 2-3 years. Some people think all 4-5 yr olds should be booners but it's not the case. This one, however, has a the signs of being something really special.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Top Bottom