Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice droptine Buck in Ankeny, Iowa

H

hawkeyefan

Posting this picture on behalf of tap. He took this picture today of a nice droptine buck just outside Ankeny city limits. Enjoy!
grin.gif

1333ankenydroptine.jpg

thats an awsome photo
thanx for sharing. cant wait to see harvest photo

You know life is funny. I have hunted many, many days to see a buck like this one. I had never seen a droptine buck in the woods. Well today was my lucky day. I had a good friend of mine call me & tell me that there was a huge droptine buck next to my uncle’s house. I was very excited to see him. Keep in mind I have not filled my bow tag yet. (With all of my hunting gear in my truck) I drove off to see this beast. I met my friend near by & then we drove up to see this buck. The hog was only 50 yards of the road. I took 5 or 6 pic’s of him with my camera. I told John to drive closer. We got 20 yards from him. He was easily in bow range. I could not believe it! The buck of my dreams right there in front of my eyes…….
The only problems were. There was no way I could harvest the buck.
· First, in my book it’s not very sporting or ethical to shoot a trophy buck off of the black top road.
· Second, I had my two & half year old son with me (Honestly, he was more excited to see the big buck than I was…….was priceless).
· I want to “earn†my big bucks

I know I have always said I would be an ethical & honesty hunter, but today the good Lord put my beliefs & values to a very strong test.

Needless to say. That beast of a buck is still running down doe’s & have a good time.

Yeah , supertec if you really want to know
shocked.gif
send me an email....It's really more Altoona than Ankeny

I think I know where that is at. Check your PM's. That would be a tough one to resist. I applaud you for not harvesting him that way. Good Luck hunting him the rest of the season. Send some more pics!

Tap, You made the right choice, sometimes its hard but i believe good bucks will come to those who wait!!!
smirk.gif

You now know that this deer exists. Consider that spotting as a scouting trip that was successful. Now you can come up with a plan to hunt the area if permission grants you. Best of luck.

He's a dandy! Have you seen his little brother limping around there? I saw him a month ago and was wondering if he was still alive.

Top Bottom