Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice lookin Bow Tech Guardian in the classifieds

Re: Nice lookin Bow Tech Guardian in the classifie

for the last 3 years, i've had to go out and buy the latest and greatest of the new bows. this is the first year, i'm going to put another year on my bow.

although, i would like to have one of those airbornes for a target bow...maybe if i hit the lotto /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the last 3 years, i've had to go out and buy the latest and greatest of the new bows.</div></div>

Thats funny, I thought you were shooting Bow Tech. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the last 3 years, i've had to go out and buy the latest and greatest of the new bows.</div></div>

Thats funny, I thought you were shooting Bow Tech. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

*Insert Bowing graemlin*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey limb, i have a guy at work i'm trying to get to buy your bow. he needs to find a home for his 05 allegiance </div></div>

Thanks man, but she is gone already...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey limb, i have a guy at work i'm trying to get to buy your bow. he needs to find a home for his 05 allegiance </div></div>

Thanks man, but she is gone already... </div></div>

Maybe's he's interested in this one. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Outback

I just wanted to get a new bow in the box that I know no one has shot. I think my 07 guardian was the demo bow at the local shop....and after my KS fiasco last year I wanted a fresh start. There probably was no "real" reason to sell my guardian. Mostly mind games with myself I think.

Also, I wanted to switch to a 60 lber. They say shooting a 70lber cranked back to 60 is not a good idea over time. That and I borrowed it to Limb and he dropped it out of a tree a couple times.

Lastly, it is just plain fun getting a new bow and seeing as I really have no other hobbies I don't feel guilty spending cash on the one main hobby I have. Jaded thinking for some perhaps, but it all justifies for me and that is what counts.

oh you 2 guys are funny. since your 2 bow brands think that "new" and "innovative" means shortening the riser, and adding some letters to last years model. or adding a few inches of drawlenth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to get a new bow in the box that I know no one has shot. I think my 07 guardian was the demo bow at the local shop....and after my KS fiasco last year I wanted a fresh start. There probably was no "real" reason to sell my guardian. Mostly mind games with myself I think.

Also, I wanted to switch to a 60 lber. They say shooting a 70lber cranked back to 60 is not a good idea over time. That and I borrowed it to Limb and he dropped it out of a tree a couple times.

Lastly, it is just plain fun getting a new bow and seeing as I really have no other hobbies I don't feel guilty spending cash on the one main hobby I have. Jaded thinking for some perhaps, but it all justifies for me and that is what counts. </div></div>
I called Bowtech last year and the engineering dept told me that their bows perform best at peak weight and are designed to be shot at their peak. I love my 60# 07 Guardian and 60# 06 Tribute. After 30 years of bowhunting and twenty years of shooting 70# bows, I realized that there was no need for 70# bows with todays' high efficient bows. Actually AT and Huntnet taught me that with my 60# setup I still have over 15 lbs of the recommended kinetic energy required to kill an alaskan bear. Considering that 99% of bowhunters in America will never shoot anything bigger than a fragile ,thin skinned whitetail, it is way overkill. How far is it necessary for an arrow to stick in the frozen dirt after it blows through a deer anyway? The 70# arguers always say that they like the extra kinetic energy for bad shots in the shoulder. My reply is that the average whitetail shot is under 20 yds and if you can't avoid the shoulder than you need to practice shooting your bow. My 60# guardian and 60# tribute I have are a joy to shoot for hours on end in the backyd. I am using my 60# bows for elk, oryx, bear, mountain lion, and I am confident in their ability.

Top Bottom