Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nikon ATB Monarch 8x42

kvschmid

Anyone know what Nikon is doing with their product line? I was going to buy my son a pair of these in camo and was told they are now discontinued but the plain black is still in.

Instead of the 8x42 Monarchs in Camo they are offering the 8x36 and 8x56 DreamSeason Monarchs in Camo.

The Monarchs that are not in camo are just as good, easier to find it you set them down too.

I'd stick with the 8x42's if I were you. On the advice of many here, I bought mine three years ago, couldn't be happier with 'em. They're black by the way and I've yet to have a deer or turkey spooked by them.
grin.gif

That is a good idea about the non-camo being easier to find and probably especially true for a kid who might be more inclined to drop or forget something. Since I bought him a camo Nikon 800 range finder (Dad has the plain black BTW) at Christmas I thought I'd get the camo version of the binos too. I thought maybe they discontinued them due to the new Real Tree camo pattern. If they are making other changes to the glass and/or coatings then maybe it would be advantageous to wait.

I have been hunting with a black pair for several years... great binos for the price... the 8x42 is an excellent optics combination.... great for lower light, but not too heavy... the 36mm lens I would imagine would be noticeably dimmer in lower light... where as the 53mm lens would likely be noticeably heavier....

Top Bottom