Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nikon omega muzzleloader scope

cking737

Does anyone know the pros and cons of the nikon omega muzzleloader scope. I plan on using a T/C Encore. Does the omega work well with the encore and if so which bullet and what powder charge should i start with. Would anybody know what powder and bullet nikon used to create the bdc reticle????

I just bought one for my knight. I'm liking it so far. The manual fo the scope calls for 150 grain of powder with a 250 grain sabot. I've been shooting 150 T7 pellet & 250 hrdy SST and I like that combo.

hoofline.gif

I have the Nikon Omega BDC on my Knight Disc Extreme. I shoot 777 loose powder, 250 gr. T/C Shockwave bullet, and a Winchester 209 primer.

From the bench, off of sandbags, this combination will shot sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards and sub 3 inch groups at 200 yards. I shoot 5 shot groups.

The key I think with the Omega is to know the distance to the intended target (range finder) and practice a lot.

Good Luck! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PMA Renewals and IBA Memeberships & Renewals

hoofline.gif

Just bought one myself. Buddy has two on T/C Omegas and just loves it. I was with him when he sighted it in and it was EASY!!!

I'm with doublerack, I've got my omega scope mounted on my encore and I'm shooting the exact same combo, 150gr. of T7 and 250gr. Hornady SST bullets. I have yet to really test the capabilities, but shooting to 150 was fairly easy with the scope.

I can't wait to give it a whirl out to 200+ yards.

I don't know exactly what combo Nikon created the reticle to be used with but the combo above or what Blake is using would probably come highly recommended from many users.

I've got the omega scope on the omega muzzleloader and it is awesome. I shoot 3 pellets triple 7 and the TC 250 grain sabots and get solid groups at 200 yards.

I'd expect the Encore to shoot similarly with the omega scope.....definitely recommend it.

I've got one and am shooting 115 gr. loose powder with a 250 gr. Barnes x-pander sabot. The yardage markers on the reticle are pretty close for me even shooting 35 gr. less powder. Windage is a big problem for me as I approach 200 yds- start to get a lot of drift even with mild wind gusts. I also need to be sandbagged and rock-steady...could never pull that off from a treestand with buck fever. I've taken several deer at 110-130 yards using the cross hairs.

I have the BDC 250 on my encore using 3 triple seven pellets and a 250 grain super slide shockwave the gun is extremely accurate,especially after i had a trigger job done. The range circles were right on the money and if you really want to test your abilities, i have found that the point where the fine windage wire meets the heavy support wire is right on at 300 yards.I couldnt believe it!!! 3 shots inside a 5" circle at 300 yards under ideal conditions swabbing the bore after every shot. I am however anxious to try out the blackhorn 209 as well as loose 777 to make a comparison.

Top Bottom