Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No buck activity?

This year is the first year I have ever had cameras out this early. Usually I've waited until mid September so I have nothing to compare to, but I have yet to get a picture of a buck over 100". In the years past Xmy farm has been full of big deer. I've always used shelled or cracked corn and mineral and got loads of big bucks coming to it regularly. It has me worried. The does are there. I'm getting hundreds of pictures of many different does. Are the bucks just not moving or are they just not there yet? Does anyone have any idea or have a farm that is like this?

Depends where you have the cams at, bucks leave mineral sites this time of year. They're begging to range a little and beings acorns are starting to drop I'd say there off eating them. My bean fields are dead mostly now as well.

I sure hope that I'm just not getting them. I've got picture from 2011 and 2012 of probably 10 different shooters. One picture with 3 over 140 eating shelled corn.

I'm experiencing the same problem. My food plots are all toast and my farm has no other crops so I'm guessing they are on the neighbors beans. At least I hope so.

He have corn and the neighbor has beans. Corn is dried but has good ears on it. I figure if the does are there the bucks will surely come in around rut.

I know one thing. When you don't see any deer it seems like time just drags on when youre waiting to pull cards again. I just now got 2 cameras so I put the new one out last night next to my old camera just to see how the pictures were. Got 160 pictures in about 17 hours. Got a cheap A-5. Not a high dollar cam but hard to beat $65. Works for me.

They are there. Cams are fun but often not indicative ths time of year what will show up after a few more weeks. It's hot too-they are likely not moving much and on preferred food. It will change. I'd rather have scrape pics at night in mid October than a summer full of giants on salt. If the does are there they will be too.

One good thing we do have on our farm is a natural water spring. I'd think with the severe drought they would hang around it. Always scrapes around it.

I usually wait until mid-September to start "worrying." Bucks are coming and going right now with the velvet coming off. They're leaving their summer ranges and heading to the fall (if different). I've had nothing this time of year, and then, in mid-September, BOOM, 5 different shooters show up....

Patience Grasshopper! :way: :D

Didn't get anything but does on one camera, but a mile up the road on another farm, we got nothing but bucks. Kinda like a jr. high dance, boys on one side, girls on the other.

I've seen it said on here before and I also believe some of the best spots are full of nagging does and the bachelor groups sometimes stay in the lessor habitat during late summer just to avoid them. I get some of my best pictures from places I don't even hunt in the fall because the big guys leave every year and on the flip side my best spots to hunt during the rut have given me a couple of basket racks and all does since June. It's a lot more fun to have those big guys pinned down in October/November than August.

Top Bottom