Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No busted up bucks

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
I don't think I've seen a single buck with rack damage on the farm I'm hunting. What lesson should I take from that? More than enough does for everybody? These Bucks are "Metro" and don't believe in fighting? Great food source and habitat = healthier deer and stronger racks?

driving the ambulance back to the station we stopped to look at a couple deer in town and saw maybe 40 feeding 6 bucks and one 8 that would have gone 130 140 if its main beam hadn't been busted right after its g2

I don't think I've seen a single buck with rack damage on the farm I'm hunting. What lesson should I take from that? More than enough does for everybody? These Bucks are "Metro" and don't believe in fighting? Great food source and habitat = healthier deer and stronger racks?

It means thank your lucky stars, one of my farms had 7 different bucks this year all between 130-150 that had there entire right side busted off. What does that mean?

racks all intact

Scoffin: I saw 6-8 bucks this weekend, and had several more on camera, not a one had any damage to their rack?

I did see a few with scars on their back. Hunting south of DM

There aren't too many places in iowa with a "bad" food source, so I wouldn't think that's the case.

You'll run into some deer that have a calm demeanor and tend to stay away from fighting, but they are few and far between.

I'm gonna say you have too many slick head sluts runnin around.

it's been just the opposite for me this year. i've got numerous pics of bucks with broken racks and most deer that i've seen on stand have had pieces broken off. i would agree and say it has to do with the doe population as i have seen half as many does this year as i did last year. more fighting being done for the does that are around. what surprises me is that with all that being said and thinking that bucks would come running at the sound of horns bangin', i have yet to have a deer come to my rattling. maybe it's because they're fighting enough amongst themselves. i don't know.

Most of the bucks I've seen in my area have been looking pretty good. Got one on a trail cam that has only one broken tine on his right side and another Big sucker that I and a buddy of mine have both seen with all his tines missing on his right side.

Top Bottom