Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No camera feels GREAT!!!!

KANSAN

PMA Member
Well folks, I can honestly say Alicia & I are enjoying this deer season more than any other over the last several years. We made it a point starting this fall to not videotape anymore of our hunts. Last year, after I shot my 165 inch buck, my happiness immediately turned to a big frown on my face for not having shot him on video. It opened our eyes to a lot of things. Having the video camera along was starting to drag our enjoyment of the sport down. It made our hunting experiences feel more like an obligation than just pure fun, and I was sick of walking into the timber with that type of pressure. So, we made a big decision and sold our video camera this summer, along with most of our equipment. And you know what? It was the best and wisest decision I think we've ever made. Not having the camera along lets us be more versatile with our setups, frees up a bunch of treestands, and there's no pressure on us to lay down video anymore. We wanted to get back to hunting just to hunt, and we've done just that. No more worries about white balancing, getting the deer in the frame, showing off a particular product, or anything like that. I have to say, "I LOVE DEER HUNTING!!!!" and I can't wait to show our harvest pictures to you this fall!! Good luck with your hunts!!!

BTW...for those of you wondering, Joey Rott has taken over the Rut Junkie company we formed, and he'll continue to produce videos under the Rut Junkie Media trademark. Sometimes priorities change, and that was the case for Alicia & myself. We're just ready to have fun again!!

Congrats to you! I have avoided the video portion of hunting as it does not appeal to me. I see nothing wrong with it and I enjoy watching good quality video, which is geting tougher to find. I bet you feel like your energized and hunting more for the pleasure and the enjoyment of the outdoors.

Welcome back, Jody and Alicia. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Just the thought of video makes me think hassle. Those who do it and enjoy it, good for you. Different strokes for different folks.

Great post, Jody. For those who want to put in the extra time and committment to film hunts, I applaud them. I however, am not one of them. It's hard enough for me to hunt, let alone hunt on film, or film someone else. Go out and have a great season, and I look forward to the still-shot kill photos when you connect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're just ready to have fun again!! </div></div>

That's awesome! When it becomes a job or a pain then it's time to change course.

Nothing against video....I enjoy it on a recreational level without all the pressure, but it's nice to see folks acknowledge their true priorities.

Have a fun and safe season... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

jody, my sentiments exactly, i love watching the videos, and kuddo's to the guys doing them but the greatest enjoyment i get out of my bowhunting is just being in the stand alone enjoying everything God put out there for us to enjoy.....i thik the videos are great but it would ruin it for me if i had to produce a great video and have to take someone with hunting all the time....good job jody and like you said, nice digital pics with a story are just as heart wrenching sometimes.....good luck the rest of the season

Have fun again Kansas people.

Makes me wonder how many of the TV hunters would like to take the "job" out of thier hunts...........

This might be one the most telling posts I've ever read on this site. Enjoy your new season!

Top Bottom