Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No Hunting Signs??????????

Big Timber

I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a no hunting sign in the shape of our state? I have seen this somewhere but I can't remember nor can I find out where to get some. I'm looking for some no tresspass or no hunting signs but I havent found anything that really says, NO HUNTING. If you have any signs to recommend or have seen the iowa shaped sign please let me know.

Thanks,

BT

...I have seen something similar to what you mentioned - I think...the ones I have seen were white with black/or dark red writing...they had a header "Wildlife Reserve Area" or something like that...it also listed the Iowa Code Number for the state's Trespass Law and stated something to the effect of trespassing strictly forbidden...all contained in an outline of the state...its effectiveness was due to the fact that it resembled the old refuge signs the state used at one time on their ground...

...with that all said, some landowner friends were looking for a source of these signs a couple years ago and had no luck...they ended up printing up some of their own...due to the price they only put the words No Hunting inside the state's outline...I do not know that they are as effective as the originals...

The yellow laminated paper signs will fade after a few months in bright sunlight. The all plastic yellow sheets are a bit more expensive but do not fade much.

And don't forget the old reliable tire with "No Hunting or Trespassing" painted on it hanging from your fence post. The most effective one in my opinion is an R175/15 in a blackwall, preferably a Goodyear, 4 year 50,000 mile tire with a road hazard warranty.
grin.gif

BT,

How about a "What are ya, new?!?" sign in the shape of a well known hand gesture.

DM

Don't forget to drill/cut holes in the bottom of that tire, you don't want to catch WNV do you?

Sure wish the'd do another tire amnesty progam at the land fills. I've got three tractor tires that grow enough skeeters to kill us all.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom