Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No Lose Peep question

bukket

I've had this peep sight on my bow for two seasons now and never had any trouble with it.
Last Thursday night I had a chance a great buck...when I drew back the darned peep was twisted around sideways. I didn't shoot (since I couldn't see anything) but I was beside myself for the rest of the evening. I monkeyed with the string a little and I can now see through the thing fine.
Has this ever happend to anybody?

Better yet, does anybody recommend a different product for next year? I'm getting a new string put on this winter and it will be a good time to switch.

If you are going to use your bow mainly for hunting, then I would go with the Specialty Archery Products new peep that has a tube attached to it. You can also get a clarifier to help clear things up if need be. They are very reasonable, and top quality.
www.specialtyarchery.com
I think?

What kind of peep are you using? Most of the time no being able to see through the peep is a string problem not a peep problem. If this is the first time you have had this problem I would check the string very close. Most likely you have just had some strands break or serving come loose. A top quality new string should solve the problem.

Thanks for the responses, guys. The peep is branded "No Lose Peep". It doesn't use a tube or anything else like supertec recommended.
I've noticed some wear on the bus cabling and sort of suspected that to be the culprit. I've got it rigged up to get through two more weeks and then I'll get it overhauled.

Top Bottom